Did I buy one?

madbenny

TDI
14 Passat TDI
Any way of knowing if the 2014 Passat we just bought was involved in any of this?

Thanks

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
Look at the underside of the hood for a sticker with some info. It's not large, but has the details.

madbenny

TDI
14 Passat TDI
Thanks for the info all and casioqv my laziness got the best of me. Our car was included, I guess the dealer doesn't have to mention those things when selling them?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Where did you buy it? VW or other dealer? Did they mention a warranty? If so, that's dieselgate related.

madbenny

TDI
14 Passat TDI

ebain21

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6M
That's a CPO warranty, unrelated to dieselgate. However, they should have disclosed that since your car was part of the dieselgate recall, it was fixed in accordance with the EPA requirements and then you received the extended emissions warranty. You can also find the details of that warranty on the vwdieselinfo website listed above. It's pretty surprising that you were unaware of that before purchasing and the VW dealer didn't tell you about the diesel fix and warranty.

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
We bought it from a VW dealer as a Certified Used Vehicle. They mention I have a 2yr unlimited mileage warranty. The salesman instantly handed me the service records before signing any papers.
That's a CPO warranty, unrelated to dieselgate. However, they should have disclosed that since your car was part of the dieselgate recall, it was fixed in accordance with the EPA requirements and then you received the extended emissions warranty. You can also find the details of that warranty on the vwdieselinfo website listed above. It's pretty surprising that you were unaware of that before purchasing and the VW dealer didn't tell you about the diesel fix and warranty.
I recently bought my 'fixed' 2012 from a dealer - not a VW dealer but part of the same local car empire (VW Audi Porsche Maserati Fiat Alfa Romeo...). I was also surprised to find out (on my own) how good the 'fix' warranty is. It would seem to be a no-brainer for the sales people to emphasize the warranty coverage when trying to sell a car. Corporate wisdom strikes again....
I would have bought the car without a warranty, so it was a nice surprise to find I had so much coverage. :)

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Thanks for the info all and casioqv my laziness got the best of me. Our car was included, I guess the dealer doesn't have to mention those things when selling them?
If you bought it from a VW dealer then it has had the fix. Check the VW website to find out exactly how long your dieselgate warranty has left (time and mileage) as that varies depending on year of vehicle and when it recieved the fix. As for the CPO warranty that's totally separate. The dealer SHOULD have given you a Diesel Settlement pamphlet with your car. I know my dealer went through the whole thing and even gave me the date/mileage my dieselgate warranty was up. Check with the owners manual if you have one if not it will be with the sales paperwork. I'm not 100% sure but if they dont provide you with the settlement pamphlet they are not technically reselling in compliance with the courts orders. You should have been notified, prior to signing any sales contract, that your vehicle was involved with dieselgate.