My 2door 03 golf

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Hey,
Well after a few years of searching I finally got my two door golf. This one has kind of been a saga but I got it. I bought it from the green car company in June. I broke all the rules bought it on line never saw or drove the car. I talked to the service manager about it asked about the T-belt and what they were doing to the car. She said the were replacing the brakes, fuel filter, oil, etc. However not the TB, the car was at 152K and had another 10K before it was due. I expressed my concern and they did it for 650$. Water pump, belt and rollers. So then I moved during this from cali back to Colorado, started my new job was slammed with work ( I am a wild land firefighter) and had no time to get it in WA. So finally on July 31 I got the car shipped to me! So now I have it:D. As far as plans or mods a skid plate is first. I may have to clean the intake here soon. Also I want to throw some jetta wagon springs on at some point. So here she is...

Last edited:

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Well Skid plate first, then some jetta wagon springs. This winter I need to clean the intake, turbo ect. Then cut muffer, nozzles, and if everthing goes right a RC1.:D

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Just a little update!! Had the car for a full six months now drives great. I got some floor mats, weathertech. They should have been a direct fit but the circle tabs do not really stay attached. However the mats are nice quality and do there job.
Next I need a skid plate ASAP!!!
I am looking a raising the golf a bit with some new springs I got the line on some King springs that were made for the safari rally in africa.
http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/susp.htm

They are not listed on there but are close to the subaru springs.
ok thanks

mtngk

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 2dr ALH and the 2000 Jeep TDI-TJ
0.0 those springs look interesting...

Other options are Shine Real Street springs (idParts.com), look to be about the same as those Kings..
Or Jetta Wagon HD springs (idParts.com), a little softer than the SRS or King Springs and about the same/maybe more lift.

I have the full Shine kit on my Golf, it's a little stiff for the dirt in Colorado, but excellent on smoothish pavement (ie, the many passes in Colorado). Southern California roads might be a little too torn up for the SRS kit... While the SRS kit is awesome as I've never bottomed it out even jumping the car, they are stiff enough I want to try something else that still lifts the front.

Get that skid plate, you live in Colorado, absolutely necessary...

Last edited:

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Yea thanks for the info! Yea skid plate is the next up I have had some scary moments this winter so far with ice chunks! As far as lift if the king springs do not happen, I will go for the jetta wagon springs. Then a oem spacer up front. The the jetta wagon srt srtuts and shocks.

GT TDI Golf

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Welcome to the 2dr club. Definitely one of the classier TDI's in my book.
Agreed! Wish mine came with power windows like the '03's did. The only thing I really hate about my car. Mine is the same color inside and out. Even has the same hubcaps! Enjoy it!!

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Thanks for the comments guys!:D I did not want the auto windows at first to keep it simple. However I do really like the power window and locks.
Cheers!

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
little update,
Weather is finally warmer! Still have not gotten a skid plate:(, the king springs will be in later this week. I will post pic as soon as I get them. Then I need to buy shocks and struts, the guys I bought the springs from said use Bilstein HDs. I think that will be too stiff!! So looking at koni srts for the wagon.
I when out and checked the snowscreen dirty as hell, then cleaned everything. The airbox was very dirty as well. However the air filter was still pretty clean and was the cold weather version.
So that is about it for now!

Danarm

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI, 2X 01 Jetta TDI, 01 Golf TDI,06 Jetta TDI.
Nice car, I also just got a 2dr Golf. I had 2 coils broken from each front spring. I replaced with new,all the way around.I also added the front spring spacers from ID Parts. I have 4 inches from tire to fender on the front.6 inches from tire to fender in the rear. On the rear I installed Caddy air shocks. It now rides real super, and the rear does not swat under acceleration. Now maybe I can get better then 93 mph in 1/4 mile.

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Danarm

Nice car, I also just got a 2dr Golf. I had 2 coils broken from each front spring. I replaced with new,all the way around.I also added the front spring spacers from ID Parts. I have 4 inches from tire to fender on the front.6 inches from tire to fender in the rear. On the rear I installed Caddy air shocks. It now rides real super, and the rear does not swat under acceleration. Now maybe I can get better then 93 mph in 1/4 mile.
Yea I bet I have one or two broken, I will post pics when done.. I am collecting parts slowly..

shopan3000

TDI
2001 VW golf TDI GL
awesome ride, Ive got a 2001 2 dr green TDI, first and best car Ive ever owned ^_^ just out of curiosity how much would you be asking for those racks?
thanks

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
it's almost like seeing a bald man take his toupee off.. ha

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Well I installed my Dieselgeek skidplate today! It took me 3 hours or so.... I am pretty sure I screwed up a few riv nuts...but the bolts screw on just will not get super tight. Everything looks good! I think it did lower the front a bit due to the extra weight of the plate. Oh well new struts and shocks+ springs soon!

vili19

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf TDI
Nice. gotta love the coupes, was my first choice to buy one, but it's next to impossible finding one in good shape and low miles. there is a reason people dont sell them. but i still like my 4 door, still gives me 1000 kms a tank.

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
A little update. I have not installed my king springs yet, yes slacker.
I hit a curb the other day and bent my stock steel rim the other day and lost my hub cap:mad:. So Now I need to get the rim fixed or a used stock steel rim. If any one has a extra 15in stock rim let me know!!

I also need to do a spring service to the golf, which will include a diesel purge.