2015 VW Passat TDI SE Questions..

patriot3g

TDI
2015 TDI SE
I'm new here, so be nice :D

I bought a brandy new TDI in April, its already got close to 10,000 miles on it. Last night I was looking around the forums and found a bunch of mods to do it using the VCDS cable. I know the thread says it works on 2012+ models, but I just wanted to confirm that stuff like the rain-sensing wipers will work on the 2015. Information seems rare on this years model so far.

I believe my car already has the sensor (looks like the pictures posted in that thread, etc).

Anything else I should look at doing to my car? I was always a die hard Chevrolet fan, but traded my Silverado LTZ for the VW. So far I love it. I live in the middle of no where and commute an hour to work, so its saving me a lot of money and it looks gorgeous.

Thanks for your time!

Blain

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6M
Ditto.

I was wondering the same thing about the rain sensing wipers.

From the off position, we do have 3 settings in the up position. The first is the rain sensing setting (which right now, just stays on with a delay between each wipe) and then a low and high setting above that.

So from what I can tell, we either just have a delay setting or we may be able to activate the rain sensing setting using VCDS. I have not seen this confirmed as a definite for the 2015 model SE, so I'm with you in hoping that someone that has done it will chime in.

patriot3g

TDI
2015 TDI SE
I'll just wait for more info to become available. I don't want to spend 300 dollars on a cable for nada. I have a Buick Grand National for that :D