Newbie 2009 TDI Sportswagen

Macroni

TDI
Jetta Sportswagen
Is there away to shut off the Daylight Running Lights?
Is there away to allow the DVD in the navigation system to play when the car is in motion?
I realize these are safety features especially the DVD. As the driver I tend not to get distracted [the kids play the movies on laptops] and it does provide entertainment for the rest of the car on long trips.

Guidance appreciated....

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
For the DRL's, while the headlights are in the off position, push the headlight switch in, then turn it until it stops (can't remember off-hand which direction but it'll only go one way), then pull the switch out carefully until you see the wiring harness. Unclip the harness and remove the switch. Locate the pin marked "TFL" and use a small piece of electrical tape to cover it. Re-install the switch. No more DRL's.

As for the DVD/Nav situation, I'm not sure but there are a couple of members here that are very knowledgeable about the Nav systems on these cars that should be able to help you out. penclnck is the guy I would ask. Otherwise, I'd take to the car to a stereo install shop and see if they can help.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
dbeck_01 said:
another way for disabling the DRL's is just to take a flat head screwdriver and bend the tfl pin down flat
But then if you decide to sell the car down the road, a bent pin is hard to reverse if the new owner decides they want DRL's. The electrical tape can be easily removed.