How much should this repair cost?

MAPatronik

TDI
2012 JSW
Hi, all. I'm fairly certain the problem documented in the following post is the one I have:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=198937

It's the fix documented with all the pics by Rich S.

I'm taking my car to the VW dealership in Memphis tomorrow to have it repaired. (I don't have much time or tools [or knowhow] to deal with it myself). My question is:

How much do you all reckon this ought to cost when done by the dealership? Minus jokes about arm/leg prices.

Want to be able to put my foot down about any prices they quote.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
this one will only cost you one of your opposable thumbs... :)

in all seriousness, it only takes a torx screwdriver, some sockets and some weed wacker line to clean this up...

Last edited:

Souzafone

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 Jetta A4, Whitish
Someone experienced would take about 1-1.5 hours. The dealer will quote you at least 2 hours. Let us know how you make out.

MAPatronik

TDI
2012 JSW
It cost...

$120.

Whew.

Four years of weather had degraded some parts of the moonroof drainage system. Wish I could have done it myself, but I'm a grad student without much time or many tools. Can't wait till I can buy a house and accumulate that sort of stuff someday.

Anyway, it was less that I thought it'd be. I have to say that the dealership in Memphis (Gossett VW) has always done well by me. I was amazed at how clean the garage was. None of the guys had any grease on them, wore surgical gloves, etc. Impressed me. $120 plus a day in Memphis with my girlfriend was okay in the end.