VAG-COM Plotting Software

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS ( my 5th TDI ), 03 Eurovan GLS - VR6 :(
Thanks, glad that you folks dig it and are getting some use out of it.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
Eh, I guess the isp for that old domain finally caught on that I wasn't a customer... My neighbor who used to work there setup the account for me. Oh well.

I'll post up some new coordinates for the files in the near future...

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
Same build as before, no updates... Busy, you know? New coordinates posted in the first post. We'll see how this works hosted here, let me know if anyone has problems with it.

Sip'n Diesel

Veteran Newbie
San Joaquin Valley, I have VCDS (KII-USB)
TDI
2003 ALH: 254,000 miles
jollyGreenGiant said:
Same build as before, no updates... Busy, you know? New coordinates posted in the first post. We'll see how this works hosted here, let me know if anyone has problems with it.
:)thanks! as it turned out, I had deleted the setup.exe file and e-mailing the program.exe does not work:(

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
downloaded the program, extracted it to a folder, and got this.

any ideas?

how do i check for the .net stuff?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
nevermind, downloaded and installed .net 2.0 and it works great!

Thanks!

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Just stumbled across this, thought I say thanks!;) Nice to be able to quickly show a customer the logs of their car without having to use Excel.:D

90hpisntenough

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
This should be a sticky! I couldn't believe how bad excel sucks with plotting the .csv file. Great work on your program, you just saved me a major headache.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
I made a few upgrades to this application.
The new current version is now 1.1.3519.25607

1. I had several logs open at times and figuring out which one was which got confusing, I solved this by now modifying the window title to display the filename so alt-tabbing ( or however you decide to choose the instance you want ) will be easier if you know what filename you're looking for.

2. The filename is also now displayed in each tabs text box for printing and archival sake when using the image.

3. I created a menu item to either enable or disable the plots "smoothing" feature, there's a lot going on under the hood there and rather than implement some crazy polynomial or logarithmic averaging on the data points, for those who can't stand averaging induced flaws, you can just disable that feature and enjoy the jagged raw appearance ;)

Enjoy. If you find this application useful, make a donation to Fred's on my behalf ;)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
how about adding a zoom in function by % in the right click menu? :)

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
You do know that you can either (mouse equipped) use the scroll wheel or (touchpad) scroll zone to zoom in and out real-time, right?

Also, if you just draw a rectangle around what you want it will zoom to just that rectangle.

I think that if one were to choose a %, they would only be guessing what they wanted and then would have to fine tune it anyways...

Sip'n Diesel

Veteran Newbie
San Joaquin Valley, I have VCDS (KII-USB)
TDI
2003 ALH: 254,000 miles
jollyGreenGiant said:
I made a few upgrades to this application.
The new current version is now 1.1.3519.25607

1. I had several logs open at times and figuring out which one was which got confusing, I solved this by now modifying the window title to display the filename so alt-tabbing ( or however you decide to choose the instance you want ) will be easier if you know what filename you're looking for.

2. The filename is also now displayed in each tabs text box for printing and archival sake when using the image.

3. I created a menu item to either enable or disable the plots "smoothing" feature, there's a lot going on under the hood there and rather than implement some crazy polynomial or logarithmic averaging on the data points, for those who can't stand averaging induced flaws, you can just disable that feature and enjoy the jagged raw appearance ;)

Enjoy. If you find this application useful, make a donation to Fred's on my behalf ;)
just when I thought it couldn't get any better :D

thanks for taking the time and effort to do this, I really appreciate it! :)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
I LOVE this program.. its AWESOME for checking and showing quick graphs to my customers.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
niet, had to use vmware to run it. Don't you need vmware for vcds? (I've got an old vag com)

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Yes, either VMWare Fusion with slow-down-my-Mac-to-a-crawl-Windows or I use my work computer. My thought was to log using my work PC and then doing the plotting with software on my superior MacBook Pro. But, I guess I was dreaming.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
Not spending anytime behind an Apple OS in years I can't say if it'll work or not but you could try Mono which is a .NET framework for Apple OS. That would be for display purposes only of course. This app is using System.Drawing namespace heavily which should all be covered in Mono, I think they're pretty current with .NET 2.0 and even up into 3.0 and 3.5 classes.

Try it and report back...

http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:OSX

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
interesting, my vmware and windows xp on my macbook has proven to be much faster than my compaq presario laptop running soley windows.

algirdas

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta AHU
Awesome!

Thank you for this program!
Just spent the morning learning how to effectively log my TDI.
This app allowed me to QUICKLY figure out how to make the best logs since I could instantly look at the logs. Between this viewer and VCDS I can wrap my brain around the ECU's functions.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
Stand-up guy that algirdas, I got compensation for this application for the first time;)

...watch out Microsoft I'm gonna blow up in a couple months :rolleyes:

Anyone interested in a web-based version of this?

timirving

TDI
2005 Golf TDI GLS; 2002 Jetta TDI GLS
Stand-up guy that algirdas, I got compensation for this application for the first time;)
...watch out Microsoft I'm gonna blow up in a couple months :rolleyes:
Anyone interested in a web-based version of this?
I'm all about web-based software.....bring it on! :)

xubio

TDI
99 (A3) Jetta
This app is awesome. I noticed that my plots also plot the time column as a separate series in the plot, instead of using the time for the x-axis of the column, like this:

Is it possible to modify the application to use the time column for the x axis? If the source code was available, I'd be happy to have a go at making the changes.

Last edited: