DSG 40k service

barshnik

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE w/roof, nav
I've read through the ginormous thread for 40k DSG DIY thread, am due and think I'll give it a try (I do have vagcom cable, but very green with it, but will have to buy or fabricate a filler hose + fittings.)

I see ECS tuning has a 'kit' with filter, o-ring, and fluid for around $130. The fluid, though, instead of being the VW bottle is labeled 'Pentosin'. Is this VW approved DSG fluid, and is it as good or better than the VW labeled stuff?

Is there someone selling the kit with VW fluid if this fluid isn't up to snuff?

Thanks,

John F

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Yes, that fluid will interchange, There is a couple of vendors selling it..I have used both the OEM and the Pento...

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I've read through the ginormous thread for 40k DSG DIY thread, am due and think I'll give it a try (I do have vagcom cable, but very green with it, but will have to buy or fabricate a filler hose + fittings.)
John F
Go for it . It was easier than I thought. I had another TDI owner with me so that made it nice. I filled from the top, but now have the bottom fill plug for next time. The DIY has all the info you need. Just follow the instructions in the DIY for VAGCOM as well. Get a friend to help. Always good to have a 2nd pair of eyes and ears.
Have fun!