bluetooth auto play problem

ryanb

TDI
2012 GTI
I don't have a TDI (I have a GTI), but I just wanted to thank you all - because this thread was super helpful in getting my bluetooth issue resolved. When I scheduled the appointment, the dealer was non-committal as to whether there was a TSB for the issue and simply said "bring it in and we'll see." So I was worried that they'd give me a hard time. But when I arrived, they immediately said "yeah, there's a software update."

Because they were so quick to acknowledge the update, I didn't even have a chance to show them the TSB number from this forum. That was a unfortunate, because it turned out that for some reason they tried a different software update first. After an hour, they came out and said "well that one didn't take, but we looked and found this one," and he was holding the same sheets of paper that were scanned into this forum. So once I confirmed that was the update I had wanted all along, they took care of it.

Thanks again for the great detective work!

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
This is not for the RCD-315, which I beleive comes with my TDI Tech (dynaudio and navigation) packaged Golf, correct?

austinlatdi

TDI
'12 4-dr man GOLF TDI - Graphite Blue / '11 JSW DSG loaded - Candy White
I tried to get this update, and of course having NAV it didn't work since I had the RNS. Either way, I don't think my issues relate to the issues listed here, but it is good to know.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Another funny TSB 2031136 firmware update story...

Despite giving the shop ample advance notice, providing them the TSB number via email beforehand, mentioning the radio problem in a personal visit a few weeks before etc., it still took the dealership five hours to get to the point where they could get started on the firmware update. My car is in for the 10,000 mile service, and they will keep it overnight to finish the TSB 2031136 radio firmware update. Good thing I got a free loaner.

Apparently there are by now seven updates to this service bulletin, and it took them, together with VW, a while to figure it all out. So that firmware might still be very much a work in progress; but the service adviser assured me that my car would be 'working 100%' when I get it back.

To be continued tomorrow...

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
TSB 2031136 - more info from invoice

All in all it took the dealer a bit over 24 hours to finish the radio firmware update and 10,000 mile service. I had a free loaner car and knew from this forum what to expect.
I deleted all paired VWs from my phone, and then re-paired Bluetooth. So far I have not observed the silent auto-start, and the connection now seems to transmit stereo.
Here's a copy of the invoice info (everything was free of charge); maybe it will help somebody: