Block heater on the 2015 TDI

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
Nice man.

The bottom line here is... the auxiliary heater isn't going to change your life, but it does help take the edge off. Like others have suggested, I run the blower on setting 2, and it's already de-fogging (not de-icing) the front windshield by the time I'm out of my neighborhood. Compared to my AHU Mk3, I have good heat at least twice as fast. I have heat probably 30-40% faster than compared to my ALH Mk4.

I wish the function of the electric heater was more predictable... it does seem like VW doesn't even want you to know it exists.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
While it doesn’t seem like the auxiliary heater does very much, you’ll certainly notice if it ever stops working. :eek:

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
While it doesn’t seem like the auxiliary heater does very much, you’ll certainly notice if it ever stops working. :eek:
Confusing.. One unchecked and the other checked, it works and no codes. What do u believe?? Haha.

I know it's. Not a parking heater! That's yet a different option in another module.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Loafing

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Mexican Jet
Love the block heater, was raised where -40C was common & parking lot at work was wired so everyone could plug in while at work. However, with the cold current weather noticed that my block heater wasn't doing it's job. Checked my cable & zero resistance there, good, thought there might be a bit of corrosion. Checked resistance across block heater element on the male connection (on bumper) & am getting 6 or so mega-ohms, not quite open circuit but am pretty sure it should be in the 100 ohm range. Called to see whether it had been disconnected in a service or what and remains unresolved. Will have them (vw) look at it next service.
Hardly been used because not that cold in Hamilton ON. Any thoughts or prior experience?
(ps asked & was told the recalls 19J9 & 19K4 do not apply to my 2015 Golf...)