Putting MK6 Mirrors on MK6 JSW?

Oil Wagon

TDI
2012 MK6 JSW
Hi! I just bought my first VW and was wondering if the newer MK6 rear view mirrors would fit on my 2012 MK6 JSW. I see that there are several differences between the current MK5 mirrors I have and the MK6 that is used on the Golf. The reason I ask is because I ordered the wide view blue tint glass for my car and, of course, ordered the glass for the MK6 style. I thought it might be possible to just keep the glass and just swap out the rest of the assembly. There must be some used ones at the local salvage yards. :confused:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Hi! I just bought my first VW and was wondering if the newer MK6 rear view mirrors would fit on my 2012 MK6 JSW. I see that there are several differences between the current MK5 mirrors I have and the MK6 that is used on the Golf. The reason I ask is because I ordered the wide view blue tint glass for my car and, of course, ordered the glass for the MK6 style. I thought it might be possible to just keep the glass and just swap out the rest of the assembly. There must be some used ones at the local salvage yards. :confused:
Just return the mirrors and get the right mirror glass for your car......

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Well the JSW is a Mk V and not a Mk VI. It was facelifted in 2010 to the Mk VI nose and dash, but it's still a Mk V so buyer beware when ordering stuff on-line for it.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Well the JSW is a Mk V and not a Mk VI. It was facelifted in 2010 to the Mk VI nose and dash, but it's still a Mk V so buyer beware when ordering stuff on-line for it.
lol! Funny you say this but I have been saying it for 5 years that this car was a
MK 5 with mark MkVI upgrades ! But all the Know everything group kept fighting and will probably keep fighting......