Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6M White
Here's the plan...

My place starting about 11am-noon

Stefan Svard
5301 82nd Ave N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443

We are going to just hang, have fun, eat (what I don't know yet - I'm trying to tally who's coming and all...)and go cruzin later that night -- midway??

I am thinking of arranging the food - so there would be a cover charge ($5 or so?)

Please e-mail me to let me know if you are attending or not... and if you have any other ideas...

ssvard@juno.com

[ May 13, 2002, 12:52: Message edited by: newguy ]

TDavId

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI - Reflex Silver
Spam,
Cool, thanks. Definitely bring the tools for pulling the pins- if you still have them. I have a few old credit cards that I wouldn't mind chopping up. I'll bring a couple paperclips just in case. See you on Saturday. Hoping for some sun
Also, thanks again to Stefan.
-Dave

MNgasBurner

OK, just to round up all the info

The GTG is for Saturday May 18th:

at

Stefan's place starting about 11am-noon

Stefan Svard
5301 82nd Ave N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443

According to Stefan, there's some people planning on getting chipped. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but that shouldn't be a problem, unless someone wants an older one done... then I need to know VERY soon (today).

Upsolute (me) won't be there till about 3:00, so if your planning on getting chipped, plan on being there between 3 and 6 o'clock... that is unless Garrett is bored, and decides to drive into town ;-) we'll see.

Cheers,

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Well - my e-mail box has started to fill up - it's looking like we will have a great turnout again this weekend.

I am going to make a trip to the grocery store and have a similar buffet line like we did last time - and as I have stated earlier have the $5 cover. I will not be providing any beer but I will have a stock of pop...

Again - if anyone has questions or anything - please let me know.

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Alwright = I went out shopping tonight.

The menu is as follows:

Sloppy Joe's
Chips
Cookies/snacks
Pop

I was thinking of adding a "salad" of some type and maybe a veggie tray?? Any comments??

I have had a lot of interaction with the Vortex and talking to people in the B5 club... The B5's are going on a morning drive then some have committed to stop over after that (maybe 3pm or so?)

I also have several gassers coming...

Garrett P is going to be here (from what I've heard) and Chris will be showing around 3pm.

As stated earlier - the $5 cover will pay for the food I have bought...

I still am planning on keeping the doors open till about dark (9pm or so??) then whoever wants to go and congregate down at the midway area and cruize some and just hang...

Again - e-mail me with any questions or whatever. If someone wants to voulenteer to bring a salad or whatever - let me know via e-mail. Thanks!

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
I have a CEL on my '96 Passat VR6. I don't know if the VAG-COM works with the gas models at all or with this particular model. I would like to get the code and clear the CEL if appropriate.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday and learning alot.

I hope to have someone help me do the VAG-COM EGR setting, checkout bypass filter setups, and consider getting chipped.

My 99.5 A4 Jetta just died yesterday. It started fine and ran about 2 blocks from home before just dying. I am about 3K over the TB milage so that was my first thought. I checked that out and it looked fine. It is possible that it skipped or something but it seems tight and does not appear to be worn. I have had the relay 109 replaced with supposedly the new one. I tried to check the relay out last night but couldn't tell for sure where it was supposed to be from the online description. Anyway ... hope to have it back in time for Saturday.

See you there!!

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump!

See ya all here today!

If yer lost or have questions - call!

Stefan

[ May 18, 2002, 20:53: Message edited by: newguy ]

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
See you in two, had to wash my car this AM, can't go to a GTG in a dirty car.

Sam in St. Cloud

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey all! Thank you for coming - it was a fun day to just look at all the fun stuff each of us has done to our cars...

I hope ya all had a good time. I know I did...

Let's get the next GTG planned a little more in advance this time. I think a nice country cruise is in order... have a line of 30-40 TDI's all soot'n down the road - if anyone were to get lost, just look for the soot cloud! LOL

Anyhow - till next time!

Stefan

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Thanks Stefan, I had a grand old time. Your poor neighbors must really love you now.

Only at a TDI GTG can you see....

People standing behind a B100 filled car, trying to sniff the exhaust.

Someone sets off their alarm by mistake, and the others crank their's up to listen to the slightly different pitches of the horns.

People peeling out, when leaving the party or when Stefen tries to impress you with a "chip"

Thanks again

Route 66

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW
What a bunch of diesel nuts? Not again? IT was a great way to meet all everyone that showed including the VR6 group THANKS STEFAN.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Thanks Stefan for a great time. It was fun to put faces (and cars) with the posts. Sorry I wasn't able to stay longer. I had hoped to see someone get chipped to help with my decision. Did anybody take the plunge this time? Did the chippers show?

TwoJettas,

Thanks for the help with the VagCom on my Passat. It is nice to know what the code was and to have it cleared. Hope to hook up with you sometime soon to do the VagCom EGR mod.

Take care all!!

Scott

TDavId

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI - Reflex Silver
Stefan,

Thanks for hosting the GTG! A great time was had by all. Besides putting faces on posters, I was able to switch wires on my Monsoon (thanks Sam- it now sounds awesome
), drive a chipped car (thanks for the ride
), see several different ccv mods, witness the mysterious powers of a VAG-Com, link up with a pre-fab heater source http://forums.tdiclub.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000640
and pet a really big dog. See everyone at the next GTG!
-TDavId

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Thanks for hosting Stefan,
Had a great time. Renee might actually let me get the car chipped. But questioned why change when car is running fine now. Well we will see about it next time. It was great seeing some of the cars. Next time hopefully someone will need fuel filter or TB changed. Now I have to go and get that manual ordered.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
You didn't offend me, teased me maybe... now I feel down on power.

maybe you should ask for a new car stereo for your b-day tomorrow.

SEG

Sam

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey - good idea! I think i'll ask for that $1000 car stereo! LOL

If yer feelin down on power - then you need to Upsolute!

'Till next time!

Stefan

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey there Guys - thanks all for coming over! It was a fun time (even though I was driving around much of the time)

Hope ya all liked the food selection. As for all of you that were thinking of getting chipped - I know I tend to pour on the pressure to get one, but hope i didn't offend anyone...

I really like my TDI!

Anyhow - Chris from upsolute did show up around 3:30 or so and we got 2 chippers.

Let's plan another GTG later this summer and do a nice drive.

Cheers!

Stefan