VW's Official TDI website

Status
Not open for further replies.

plupien79

TDI
2013 Passat SE
Prior value plus $5,000.
However this only lists Golf, Jetta and Audi A3 for buyback. No word on the Passats or any 3.0 vehicles.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Prior value plus $5,000.
However this only lists Golf, Jetta and Audi A3 for buyback. No word on the Passats or any 3.0 vehicles.
BUT, it mentions 500K affected vehicles. Leaving out the Passat was an oversight.

Looks like July will be the get well date with buy back at pre-dieselgate blue book value + a "substantial" settlement.

How will they calculate the mileage then, will it be based on the miles on the car sept 15, or miles when it gets to the dealership?

Either way, the Passat is history. Hard to walk away from 50 MPG over the last 60K miles but the turbo issue scares me. I hope that VW dealerships will have an added incentive to purchase new VW's. The Golf GTI looks neat! Oh and I still have that $500 for "Stuff"!

theguywiththelongestname

TDI
previous TDI owner
I hope the VW dealers can still sell TDIs through this buyback process: I'd be interested in selling the old one (2013) and replace it with a newer TDI. Maybe the 2016 TDIs might make it to the dealership in time for this buyback?

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Maybe the 2016 TDIs might make it to the dealership in time for this buyback?
Dealers already have 2016's on the lot. But with the old software. There are a bunch of TDIs in a mall parking lot near me.....overflow parking for quarantined TDIs.....sitting there with their rotors rusting. With a software update, they are probably good to go. But I wouldn't want one of those. I will be looking for a recent build date.

kuku5354

TDI
2009 jetta
Got a 2009 TDI JETTA. ALREADY CHANGE THE TURBO ONCE.. MY MILEAGE IS 210K. MY AC NEEDS TO BE REPLACED..ABOUT 1k.. should I fix it or not since they are buying back the car. I like the car... or the value they buy back will be cheaper because of the AC. I also..add some Led lights at the front vent panel underneath the headlights . would there be any problem?

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
BUT, it mentions 500K affected vehicles. Leaving out the Passat was an oversight.
Looks like July will be the get well date with buy back at pre-dieselgate blue book value + a "substantial" settlement.
How will they calculate the mileage then, will it be based on the miles on the car sept 15, or miles when it gets to the dealership?
Either way, the Passat is history. Hard to walk away from 50 MPG over the last 60K miles but the turbo issue scares me. I hope that VW dealerships will have an added incentive to purchase new VW's. The Golf GTI looks neat! Oh and I still have that $500 for "Stuff"!
I am assuming it was mileage when you brought the car in to get the $500 cards, that is why they recorded it then.

nickfancher1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI - 39k - DSG
Got a 2009 TDI JETTA. ALREADY CHANGE THE TURBO ONCE.. MY MILEAGE IS 210K. MY AC NEEDS TO BE REPLACED..ABOUT 1k.. should I fix it or not since they are buying back the car. I like the car... or the value they buy back will be cheaper because of the AC. I also..add some Led lights at the front vent panel underneath the headlights . would there be any problem?
Get rid of that piece of junk

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
Invest nothing in maintaining the tdi from now until resolution. The latter will take weeks to be finalized then a few more to get it operating at dealerships.

In the meantime, if you plan on sticking with VW, go test drive a gasser or two.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Invest nothing in maintaining the tdi from now until resolution. The latter will take weeks to be finalized then a few more to get it operating at dealerships.
In the meantime, if you plan on sticking with VW, go test drive a gasser or two.
Not weeks......months.

"The judge set the June 21 deadline for VW and the other parties to nail down the final details before the agreement faces a public comment period. It would need final judicial approval before taking effect."

We're in the dark for 2 more months, then they'll make the details of the plan known, then there'll be a public comment period, then judicial approval......THEN we'll be able to accept a buy-back (or whatever.)

I have 195k miles on my original brakes. Hope they hold up until fall....

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
It should, I'm on 216k on original brakes and shocks. :)
Not weeks......months.

"The judge set the June 21 deadline for VW and the other parties to nail down the final details before the agreement faces a public comment period. It would need final judicial approval before taking effect."

We're in the dark for 2 more months, then they'll make the details of the plan known, then there'll be a public comment period, then judicial approval......THEN we'll be able to accept a buy-back (or whatever.)

I have 195k miles on my original brakes. Hope they hold up until fall....

questman

TDI
2010 Golf TDI United Grey DSG (buyback June 15,2017), replaced by 2017 Golf TSI
Digesting this info and considering a gasser in the future. Meanwhile, diesel today is $0.83/litre vs. $1.03/litre for rug.

Rob_TDI_13

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Only thing I'm pissed about is a month before the scandal I was in a lease and did the option to buy and then all this happened. I seen they were going to let people off the lease and I could of started from scratch with something else new.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
This thread is being derailed and becoming the next threadzilla. Locked for it's own good.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.