New VAG-Com Locator website

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
1990-2004, does not work on cars with CAN interface.
you really should go to Ross-Tech.com, you'll find all the answers and the various models there

viersam@gmail.com

TDI
2000 Jetta
I just looked at the ross-tech web cite and it is VERY helpful. I highly recommend anyone looking for a good scanner to check it out! FAQ page especially handy:)

vaziri

San Antonio,TX got Vag-com(VCDS) + Scangauge +obdI
TDI
03 Jetta TDI, 5 spd,98 Jetta TDI sold,02Jetta TDI,02 Beetle TDI sold
Vcds

I added myself too, I'm in San Antonio, Texas.
I got [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface[/FONT], clearing codes, programing etc. I also have timing belt tool for rent. You can contact me in here.

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
I am looking into purchasing a Vagcom from a guy near me, but was wondering if it would be a plug and play on my computer.

Will there be a charge from Ross-Tech to download and install the program if he already has the licensing paid??

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
If it is a real vag com cable, then it carries the licence in itself.

Just download the program from the ross-tech site and plug your cable in to a car and the computer.

95gltd

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
Just had my car checked over before buying it in Sherbrooke Quebec. Real knowledgeable guys that are a vw/audi shop. They plugged it into the vag com and took it out on the road with me.

Euro Technique
819-564-1176
sherbrooke,quebec

DonShapiro

TDI
2005 Passat TDI, white
Vag-Com USB cable from Alpha-bid

I have purchased and received a Vag-Com USB cable from Alpha-bid.com. The give you a link to download aan abbreviated free copy of the software. I have tried to load if and been unsuccessful in doing so. Does enyone have any experience with this software and could give me some helpful advice?
Thanks,
Don

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
A real vag-com cable? Currently known as VCDS? If real, go to Ross-Tech and get the real software. If not real VagCom, I can't help.

Parva

TDI
Now have a '13 Beetle Turbo, had a '10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
New guy here too...
w/ a 2010 VW JSW Tdi...

There's quite a few changes I'd like to make, if I could,
Anyone in South Florida have the correct vag-com?

mikebjetta99

TDI
99 Jetta Red
Vag-com in RI

I am looking for a Vag-com in RI. I am not able to drive the car to the vag-com due to the massive amount of smoke that is pouring out of my exhaust:(! Willing to compensate for the inconvenience:)!

Gene Luke

TDI
2005 Golf
2005 Golf TDI - manual shift problems

Just recently, my 2005 Golf TDI started shifting very hard in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. It shifts fine in 1st, 5th and reverse when engine is running and the car is moving, but it is hard to shift from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th.
When the engine is off the shifting is easy through all gears.
Are the shifting cables defective (worn)? Or, could the air in the clutch cylinder cause this problem? OR ????
Please help!

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Myself in Sheridan WY and My brother in Kimball MN. Contact me for either and it will be free for me if a club member. Can't say for my brother. We both own hex+can+usb cables so it should work with most cars out there.

tigers2007

Veteran Member
TDI
'97 Passat TDI Sedan (B4)
For whatever its worth, I bought a chinese VAG-COM for $2.38 off of eBay and it works great. I think shipping was like $15.

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
tigers2007 said:
For whatever its worth, I bought a chinese VAG-COM for $2.38 off of eBay and it works great. I think shipping was like $15.
Did you purchase the software? If so, it should if it's functional.

OCPD

TDI
'04 Passat PD
Gene Luke said:
Just recently, my 2005 Golf TDI started shifting very hard in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. It shifts fine in 1st, 5th and reverse when engine is running and the car is moving, but it is hard to shift from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th.
When the engine is off the shifting is easy through all gears.
Are the shifting cables defective (worn)? Or, could the air in the clutch cylinder cause this problem? OR ????
Please help!
This may be better asked under your specific model's forum. Could it be the neutral safety switch?

wncav8er

TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan TDI GLS
Hey I have a Hex-USB located in the Space Coast Area of Florida and part time in Southern Louisiana (1 to 2 weeks out of every month). Let me know if I can help

Karl Martin

TDI
Golf IV 110 hp
programming key with vag com

hello,
first of all, i hope you forgive my english.
i'm from portugal and have a problem (well, since i'm from portugal i have many problems, but i'll talk only about one).
i've been trying to match my remote control key to my car (Golf MKIV, TDI 110hp, 07/1998) with the manual tips and with vag com with no exit. i went to 46 (central convenience module), to 10 (adaptacion), channel 1, and when i try to test , for instants, 2, the program don't let me do it: i can't modify the parameters. i use vag com 311. could anyone help me? And forgive me if i post in the wrong place, feel free to remove my post... but i would appreciate some help...

Last edited:

diesel?

TDI
96 passat smog exempt!, 2010 golf(wife's car)
I wish I had a vag com, I also wish I had somebody close to me in the san gabriel valley in the los angeles area that could let me hook my car up to theirs, It is hard to figure stuff out with this computer controlled stuff. I just need to know if I really need one to check timing after timing belt change since I am using the tools to lock everything down. 03 jetta alh engine, also have a glow plug light flashing
thanks, any help would be appreciated

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
You do need to set the timing with VCDS or similar system on your car, after the TB job.

I have known quite a few folks who have driven 50 or 100 miles, at low power, to get it set after changing the TB.

But setting the timing with the VCDS as part of the job is by far the safest way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.