Low voltage on the OBD2 pin 16 and other weird issues

logikdev

TDI
2011 Golf Sportswagen Highline
Hi,

A few months back, i noticed that my front lights wouldnt turn off unless i turned the car off. The switch didn't seem to have any effect anymore. No error codes, and the high beams and fog lights all worked so i didnt pay too much attention thinking the switch might be deffective.

Not long ago, i had the ABS and ESC lights on in the dashboard. I went to try to read the error code with my OBD2 scanner, and i saw that it wouldnt power up. Checked and there's only 2V instead of battery V... Found another 12V source in the fuse panel which i plugged behind the OBD2 to power it up ( successfully ). Now, i didnt know my scanner couldnt read ABS codes, but suddenly, i noticed that with this connection, the daylights started to function normally again! My rear defroster worked better also. I had though it was just wearing out...

Now, any ideas how can i go and identify the root cause of all this? Everything on this car is stock and has been working as it should so far.

Thanks!

k^2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG - Sold back to VW. Replaced with Sportwagen 2.5 GAS
Had crazy issues with my lights going on. One of the fuses was sparking in the fusebox socket. Check the connections in the fusebox the fuses might be ok but the connection looses the voltage. VW = Electrical Gremlins.