Direct bolt on turbo?

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI (PD)115
which turbo would be a direct fit on to a TDI manifold? i have a pd115 passat and although allards VT2 turbo is good,its slightly on the expensive side,and because i havent got any tools to weld and so on,i cant really make my own manifold etc.

i went through the search option and after reading close to about 40-50 pages,i found one thread which i kind of understood, it talks about an opel 2 gt1852v which is a direct bolt on,now what car is an opel 2 (im in U.K.)is it a vauxhall? and if so then which one? what year?

and will i use my existing manifold or use the one with the gt1852v?

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
right ive figured out its a vauxhall vectra 2.2 but is it the CDTi model or the DTi model and do i have to modify anything or can i take my turbo off and connect this turbo and manifold to my engine and will the downpipe botl straight on?

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
i dont have a lot of garages around here and certainly not those who can make me a custom manifold which is why im looking for a turbo with a manifold that is "plug & play"

ive got a passat pd115 engine code ATJ

also,new clutch going in,getting a sachs performance clutch with a DMF,

any help guys,so close yet so far from my goal of 200hp!!!

Last edited:

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
With passat you have only few choises that you can use with stock manifold because the engine mount will get in the way. There is few hybrid options that can be used with AFN manifold and adapterplate tough. That Opel turbo might work but I dont know if anyone has tried it before.

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
so AFN engine code manifold will fit on to my engine?

which turbo will go on it? any come to mind?

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
it would've been easier if someone could've given me a hand but anyhoo,after searching for countless hours through the search option,ive decided on going for a VNT 20 from a passat or audi 2.5

from what ive learnt,the internals are pretty much same on all the VNT 20's

what i dont understand (and yes i have searched it) is what do you mean by RECLOCKING a turbo? any pics or instructions?

i will probably use an AFN manifold (also learnt that all 8v TDi's have the same manifold:) ),then cut the flange off and make an adaptor plate which ill weld on to the manifold and bolt the turbo up to that

ive seen a few guys who have drilled in the manifold and attached the adaptor plate with 3 hex bolts? didnt understand that bit so i thought welding would be the best route

mines a longitdunal engine so clearing wont be an issue,

can someone explain to me what oil lines there are,oil feed? oil return? what else and will they need modifying to fit the turbo or whatever they go on (like i said,didnt understand this part)

thanks

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
You will not have enough room to fit that turbo in an longtitudal engine because the engine mount will get in the way. Either another turbine housing, or custom manifold. Or possibly modding the mount.

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
what does pnp stand for?

so i get the 2.0 TDI turbo,fit it on the afn or awx manifold and what about the oil lines,are they a directf it or will they need to be made custom?

also,will this get me to my goal of 200 hp?

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
and that turbo has an electrical connection (i think) on the actuator

what do i do about that ?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
electrical connection is position feedback to ecu, nothing to worry as it's still vacuum controlled, it doesn' need to be reclocked, it just bolts and ond flow 200 crank hp smokefree oil line, boost lines, downpipe, all just bolts on..

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
thank you Rub87!!!

im getting my clutch put in this tuesday,ill let that bed in and then begin on the turbo and then i think im done with the engine (he says)

will i have to remap it again?

and will this be 200whp or bhp?

im going for the whp and if this wont do it after the remap then which turbo will that is pnp?

Last edited: