Drivetrain noise?!

Twitch

TDI
2003 gls jetta tdi 5 speed
(2003 vw jetta alh 5 speed 02j) about 2 weeks ago was driving to work and smashed my second oil pan in a week and a half. so i gave in and ordered engine mount spacers and the panzar skid plate to be extra safe. I got the car all back together the other day and now have a drivetrain shudder sound while going forward gears only not reverse. My only guess is the DMF took a small jolt from the hard hit to the oilpan and is making some type of noise now. But wouldnt the noise be all the time if it was the flywheel really stumped any advice would be very well appreciated.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Engine mount spacers?
Were they required for the panzer plate?

The Bentley has a picture where the mounts should be for proper left to right location. Do you have the manual?

Twitch

TDI
I dont believe the panzer plate requires putting in the engine mount spacers but since im on coils and lowered i wanted the extra clearnece and only have maby 1.5-2in of oil pan to ground clearance on the car. I have the vw owners service manual for refence on repairs

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I dont believe the panzer plate requires putting in the engine mount spacers but since im on coils and lowered i wanted the extra clearnece and only have maby 1.5-2in of oil pan to ground clearance on the car. I have the vw owners service manual for refence on repairs
Ahh, a low rider.
Now it makes sense.

Look in the manual for how the engine is centered. Maybe its pushing one of the CJ joints into a funny angle or into the wear groves.

Twitch

TDI
Okay im going to check that this weekend right now im planning on removing the spacers and if it fixes it ill have my answer if not then back to chasing the problem but really would like the extra oilpan to ground clearnace im im sure the skid plate is going to sit right on the pan if i hit something hard enough its going to bash the pan anyway

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
Wear to the CV joints is going to happen primarily in the forward direction. Like mentioned above, the new engine position might be placing the joints in the spot to emphasize the pitting on the inner races. Got high mileage?