No more Diesel for US from VW

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
The 2013s do not have a 100,000 mile 10 year warranty because VW has always contended that it was primarily a mis-fueling problem (which was NOT the findings in the report; it points to a Bosch injector) and since they created the "smart" gas tanks, they believe it is solved.
Since my VIN was registered, they told the local dealership (Sunset) that they would not grant good will to fix my car ($7800 or 30% of its buy back value). Sunset then started closing doors on me. They offered me their $25 rental rate at enterprise, which I used for two months. They offered to "make sure your car gets on that buy back truck" and they offered me 100% financing on a new vehicle (since I needed the trade in value of the car to get a new one).
But there's no offer yet, and I'm going into month 3 off the road. I really believe that VW and their dealerships OUGHT TO DISCLOSE the HPFP failure risk. Many 2013+ Passats are failing (google it) and we're all left out here.
In the meantime, I am off the road, racking up expenses and no one will "do the right thing," which would be to fix my car on their dime since they did not disclose! :mad:
That's why you research before buying a car.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=jetta+diesel+issues+2009+ :D

Kalevi1Poeg

TDI
2015 Golf SE Manual TDI Mk7 Silk Blue, 20th Anniversary GTI Jazz Blue

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
There are so many conflicting stats on what emissions are from so many "experts" what can you believe?
That's because its easy to cherry pick data to support your position. This is happening on BOTH SIDES.

With that said, I think the EPA needs to give diesels more room on NOx and PM as they produce much less HCs and CO than gassers. Like almost 0.

But that's using logic, something that seems to be going away with every generation.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Okay, let's wait until we have a runaway CO2 driven surface temperature rise.
I kind of like the Earth's weather the way it is now.
I mean, it would be handy to have Venus' atmospheric condition of 900+ degrees
if you run a smelter, but that's about the only plus.
None of the climate change issues can be proven, they're all derived from models that have humans with an agenda on the back end.

Besides, I give mother nature a lot more credit, you can look anywhere and see where our built environment is attacked by nature. We have roads decaying because of nature, buildings that need perpetual maintenance because of nature. Nature is a lot more robust than any of the climate change believers want to admit.

As for surface temps, well I think maybe there's something new here.

The problem I have with all this climate change nonsense is that we have no baseline for anything, it's all made up. The earth has never been in a steady state, it goes through natural changes all by itself, so when something changes people freak out and point to emissions or something that man has done when I seriously doubt that man is strong enough to destroy nature through our casual existence.

Seriously folks, Al Gore (etc) has made a mountain of money peddling this fiction, get over it.

As for the emission standards, I think we have bureaucrats deciding what emission levels should be and they probably don't really know how that impacts business. What I do know though is if government takes out business because of some flawed models about how we're destroying the planet that your paycheck will probably disappear. Now that's what I would be really worried about, losing a paycheck because of some bureaucrat and an overzealous govt agency.

And as someone else mentioned way back on page 1, don't tell the Mk3/Mk4/B4 owners that diesel is going away because for those owners the scandal means very little.

Steve

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
You believe that all the weather and temp data we have from the last couple of hundred years is all made up?
:eek:
A couple of hundred years don't add up to a pimple on a dinosaur's ass. :rolleyes:

By the way, what happened to those dinosaurs anyway? Too much Co2? NOx? Maybe the cave man's open burning?

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
You believe that all the weather and temp data we have from the last couple of hundred years is all made up?
:eek:
Polar ice core studies reveal an oscillating pattern of temperature data over the last 400,000 years. 200 yrs may reveal a trend over the near term, but that's about it. Global warming/climate change is a political agenda whose most likely purpose is the redistribution of wealth and consolidation of power in the hands of a few.
Scientists can prove which ever side of the equation we choose to fund.

Last edited:

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
It's like I was telling my kids: There'd be less climate change if there were fewer people!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I think we are still suffering from manifest destiny in this country. God gave us all these wonderful natural resources, therefore we should burn them up just as fast as possible. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I think we are still suffering from manifest destiny in this country. God gave us all these wonderful natural resources, therefore we should burn them up just as fast as possible. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!
Well, how fast is too fast?

Plus, we have lots of coal left too, which is also a natural resource.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Well, how fast is too fast?
Plus, we have lots of coal left too, which is also a natural resource.
I don't know the answer to that. I just want a livable planet for my grandkids and their offspring.

Status
Not open for further replies.