common problems version 2.0

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Well, my most recent failures (in the past month) were a bad temperature sensor (erratic temperature guage operation) and a cracked brake booster vacuum line (in the hard plastic part, inside of the tightest bend), so I had no power brakes on hard brake applications. This is at almost 125,000 miles. So I would imagine that the Pumpe duse TDIs will be experiencing this. The line has a tighter bend than the line used for the ALH engine (believe me, I know, found out the hard way).

I discovered that the brake booster vacuum line for the A4 pume duse Jetta (BEW engine) is different than the booster line used on the A4 ALH AND COSTS about twice as much. My local dealer wanted $95 for it. Yes, $95, special order, prepay first. I did not buy into that and taped up my old line so I can drive the car and ordered from 1stvwparts.com for $50, no tax, and $10 shipping (clear accross the country). For a few days longer it is worth saving $40 (taking tax into consideration) (and the part just shows up on my doorstep).

--Nate

Last edited:

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
For a few days longer it is worth saving $40 (taking tax into consideration) (and the part just shows up on my doorstep).

--Nate
Yeah, when I lived in AK, I became totally dependent on online parts vendors. Now that I live in an area that as three VW dealerships within a 45 minute drive of each other, I still buy everything online.

prettydog

TDI
New Beetle
2006 New Beetle TDI

I'm getting a code of "Turbo Supercharger Underboost" Does anybody know where I should start. The code usually comes on when I'm getting on the freeway.