GTG. August 29th. another pig roast.. WooT!!!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I'll make up a sign up sheet if he doesn't have anything already made up..

I hope some more people start posting here.. so far it only looks like about 5 or 6 are coming from the club here.. it's also my brother's AND Trysten's (his son's) birthday party so there should be some sort of a good turnout anyway..

Geoxp

Veteran Member
TDI
several and counting
Well , the burnables are there . I dropped off 8 stacks of pallets for the bonfire today. Pray to the wind gods for calm.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Wow Jason... A pig roast/RocketChip tuning day! Holy crap. Maybe Jeff will even get some time to drive our cars like he's been wanting to.

Sadly, my band MazMyth will not be playing at this. The drummer goes to college 5 hours away and the trip is just too much to do his first weekend back.

Christy and I will be bringing my tent/air mattress so we can consume maximum brews.

I used 80lbs of charcoal last time for the pig and all the other grilling so I'll bring that as well as marinades, spices/herbs, knives, cutting board, other grilling essentials, etc, etc.

I loved deep frying/carving the turkey last time.... will we be doing the same this time around?

*crosses fingers for good weather*

JOE

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dgjonesy said:
I'm 90 % sure I'll be there. My first GTG, almost in my backyard !

What should I bring ? Food, beer, $$ ?
It's probably one of the closest gtg's to you.. I figured I would start doing a few since most of the time I end up driving 200-300 miles for a gtg..

We have the beer and the main food items covered, we have the pig and someone is bringing a few lbs of pulled pork too..

We'll have the turkey fryer going so anything for the fryer is good, plastic utensils, whatever..

I'll start a list in the first post as soon as I have a few minutes..

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Hi Iam 95% sure I can come to GTG :D I have a vacation house in Longpond Pa it is by Pocnon race track and 380.This will be my first GTG Iam new to the boards so Iam the new guy here and have no clue what to expect.

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MonsterTDI09 said:
Hi Iam 95% sure I can come to GTG :D I have a vacation house in Longpond Pa it is bye Pocnon race track and 380.This will be my first GTG Iam new to the boards so Iam the new guy here and have no clue what to expect.
You can expect great people, great cars, great food, an amazing bonfire, and a great time..... bring your tent....camp out... party down.

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
rocket chip

please throw one large order of RC2 on the grill for me!

- are there going to be any vegetarians coming? I am most certainly not an herbivore, but my wife is and I have a veg chili that is so good you almost forget there is no meat in it - if there are any vegsters out there I will bring down a batch -

but seriously is RC going to be first-come-first-serve or are we doing an advanced order list? (disclaimer: did not read entire thread)

Last edited:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
SMUG SLUG said:
please throw one large order of RC2 on the grill for me!

- are there going to be any vegetarians coming? I am most certainly not an herbivore, but my wife is and I have a veg chili that is so good you almost forget there is no meat in it - if there are any vegsters out there I will bring down a batch -

but seriously is RC going to be first-come-first-serve or are we doing an advanced order list? (disclaimer: did not read entire thread)

Veg chili? Sounds good to me.. It definitely won't go to waste...

RC will most likely be 1st come, 1st serve with a sign up sheet.. I'd try to contact him if you're doing anything special like RC5/6 or custom tunes.. Or if you have anything older than 2000...

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 5spd 1.9l TDI Beetle, 2011 TDI JSW, 2dr TDI 5spd Golf
I am still planning on making it to this. Got to think about what to bring though. I think it will be a really good time.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Hey Jason I'm gonna be there, My boss is getting married that day and it seems like the whole restraunt is in the wedding or on the guest list, so I may have to leave early. But if you need any help with the roast prep or any other cookin I'm your man. P.S. I'm ordering the 17/22 wens, and hopefully some nozzles, if I can swing it. I'm going to try an put the turbo in next week.:D

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
Just so everyone knows, if your planning on a tune with Jeff, he said he was bringing his "portable tuning shop on wheels". So no tunes should be an issue for him according to an email he had sent me.

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
Jason, it looks like I can make it. What should we bring?

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Ok Jay...I know that your are busy pretty much 24/7 (I have been witness to this) but it's time to put up that list of "needed/wanted" food/party supply items in the 1st post ;) I a BIG believer in the "if you want to come to the party then you better be bringing along something to help out" motto :)

Right off the top I would suggest that folks try to bring their own folding chair or other seating arrangment with them...those are always in short supply at these GTGs.

If you bring some kind of perishable food...please make sure you bring ice along to keep it cold and a larger container to hold the ice along with the food (big bowl of pasta or potato salad should have a bigger bowl lined with ice to nest in) Also...don't forget to bring a serving untensil of some type for that food :)

I'm sure there will be a need for pates, paper towels/napkins, plastic spoons/forks, condiments ect.. Also...I'm certain that there will plenty of people who may not want to drink beer...if your one of those then don't forget to bring plenty of fluids along :)

I'm not trying to be a PITA....just trying to help out :)

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
I think these are good points, esp for people who haven't been before (like me).

Perhaps we can just start our own list here. I know Jason said there is beer and pig, which is really all anyone could ever want, but i know people are bringing more than that. These are the things either being brought or already there:

Beer ( yes it is at the top of the list)
Pig
Pulled Pork
Vegetarian Chili

To my knowledge nothing else has been listed ( I may be wrong). I figure we can just keep adding to the list.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I am the grill masta cooking everything so here's the deal:

I will have all marinades, spice blends, carving utensils, cutting boards, charcoal, etc, etc....

We will have a turkey fryer so bring anything you want to fry too.

I will grill anything you people bring me.... I even have a grill capable saute pan for smaller items.... all food will be either deep fried or grilled on charcoal.

Some food item ideas for the grill or fryer:
Chicken parts, london broil, potatoes, veggies, shrimp, salmon, swordfish, burgers, hot dogs, kielbasa, bratwurst, etc etc.... the sky is the limit.

Also, cole slaw, mac/pasta salads, potato salads, etc.

And last but not least.... burger/hot dog buns, hard rolls/other types of breads, condiments, paper plates/forks/knives/spoons/cups.

Da grill masta,
JOE

Vinyl_Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
i'm vegetarian and should be there but might have to leave semi early missing the bonfire and hijinx again. I can bring snacks, some chips, cakes and donuts like last time.

Geoxp

Veteran Member
TDI
several and counting
I can definately bring plates , forks , knives, and cups if no one has claimed those items yet.

robnitro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS silver
Any idea what time Jeff will be there? I'm working the night shift those days, so I'm not sure when I should head up and coordinate sleep hours, lol.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Umm-get done w/ your shift-drive to GTG and put your name on RC list-then take a nap till it's your turn;) .....

robnitro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS silver
tdidieselbobny said:
Umm-get done w/ your shift-drive to GTG and put your name on RC list-then take a nap till it's your turn;) .....
Lol... I finish at 7 am, should be up there at 9 am... when's the list coming out? I can hang out until around 8pm I guess gotta be in at 10:30 pm, doh!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Is there a food list to sign up for? I will be there on Saturday. I will in the Poconos friday night it's not to far 380/940 :D

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
robnitro said:
Lol... I finish at 7 am, should be up there at 9 am... when's the list coming out? I can hang out until around 8pm I guess gotta be in at 10:30 pm, doh!
The list is put out at the GTG-first come,first serve......

sidvil

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi
I'm still coming with the pulled pork :) pretty excited about all of this. I've been thinking out great my birthday falls on the same week as a huge bbq :).

I thought about bringing down my brother and seeing if a few of us can convenience him why its good to burn the oil

I'll see you all there
:-D

Last edited: