www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old December 12th, 2017, 13:47   #31
mcarthur70

Fuel Economy: 48-50

well after getting the car in the garage , i noticed that a mouse or a squirrel has chewed my hood insulation right over the top of my air filter intake box and made a big hole in it ! is there anything on the drivers side that might have been chewed on that might not let this car start ? like wires to something to maf or anything you guys can think of ? thanks for the help
mcarthur70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 13:59   #32
Rxfire
Veteran Member

I guess we have 2 "No Start" cars in this thread...

The Injector Pump seals issue hits every fall/winter. Look under the Injector Pump, almost behind and below it. See any "pooling" of fluid in the little grooves? See any spots of fuel on the coolant hose? If you prime the pump, and then crank the car with injector nuts loosened, and it does not squirt out of the injector nuts area, the fuel has likely not stayed in the pump due to seals leaking.

For mice in cars (also available on Amazon, etc etc):

https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab/
2 each 2003 GLS Jetta Wagons (White/tan leather and White/black leather), 5 speeds, Panzer plates, roof rack cross bars (hers), homelinks, 520 nozzles, ventectomies, trailer hitch (mine), VR6 front springs (hers); 1 inch lift kit w/ESP (mine) 1986 Isuzu Trooper Turbo Diesel, 1985 Isuzu P'up NA Diesel
Rxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 14:27   #33
jokila

Fuel Economy: 52/45/40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur70 View Post
Yes i pre filled the filter .. pulling it in the garage and go over everything under the hood .. was to dark last night .. maybe i can find whats going on with it .. i also checked the timing belt it is in tack. 190000 miles never had any trouble like this before. Another question , when you loosen the fuel lines at the top of the injectors and you crank it i am getting fuel bubbling out of all 4 injectors . or should it stream out ? thanks for the help..

I am gonna say it since you are a newbie...

You should start your own thread. You will get more help than hijacking one.
jokila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 14:43   #34
mcarthur70

well there is not any evidence of a leak at the injector pump .. it was replace 105000 miles . my next step is to pull a vacuum from tank to filter . and see if i get fuel . the injector tops are not leaking a lot of fuel when i loosen them just a little . can the pick up in the tank be clogged up and preventing fuel to get picked up? is this rare or common ? thanks
Old December 12th, 2017, 14:44   #35
mcarthur70

ok i didnt mean to hihg jack this , we are having the same problems just thought we could help each other . ill start a new one .
Old December 12th, 2017, 14:48   #36
wonneber
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur70 View Post
Is there anything on the drivers side that might have been chewed on that might not let this car start ? like wires to something to maf or anything you guys can think of ? thanks for the help
I would think any electrical issues would throw a code.
Maybe check getting power to the solenoid on the injection pump while the engine is cranking.
wonneber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 15:21   #37
RallySport

Fuel Economy: 41

Pulled the starter out just now. Piece of cake when you know what you're looking for.

The positive battery cable lead to the starter looked like it had some corrosion on it so I will be cleaning that up before I install new starter.

More to come. Stay with me
RallySport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2017, 04:55   #38
RallySport

Threw a starter in the car. Still could not pill fuel through to the injection pump. So from my diagnosing I believe I need injection pump seals. I brought the car to the nearest TDICLUB certified mechanic.

Martin Bergel LLC in fowlerville Michigan. I talked to Marty and he also thinks the IP seals are the culprit but he is going to go through all of the things I went through already to make sure I didn't miss something.
I'm also having him put a TB in the car since he only wants 200 bucks. He's going to do the IP seals out of the car, and put a TB in for 450 labor I have to supply all parts. So for about 750-800 bucks I should have this all fixed with a fresh TB. I don't think he's touched my car yet since I don't have the parts yet. I will let you guys know what he finds.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old December 18th, 2017, 17:45   #39
wonneber
Veteran Member

Don't forget to let us know this works out.
wonneber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2017, 04:48   #40
tdibiznis

Yeah let us know
tdibiznis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2017, 12:23   #41
jokila

Fuel Economy: 52/45/40

You are welcome on the diagnosis.
jokila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2017, 14:37   #42
tdibiznis

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokila View Post
Should I start a new thread or can I ask my question here? I have a 2002 jetta tdi alh sedan. Kinda the same problem as Rallysport.
Old December 19th, 2017, 14:52   #43
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Only because this thread seems a bit scattered and is still active I think, Start a New Thread.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 04:55   #44
tdibiznis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnOH View Post
Only because this thread seems a bit scattered and is still active I think, Start a New Thread.
Thanks I'll do so 👍
Old December 21st, 2017, 07:49   #45
RallySport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokila View Post

Talked to Marty, I believe he is a TDIClub member, but dont know his alias. He told me he is also sucking air though the pump(not fuel) so he will be replacing IP seals, and getting a timing belt while hes in there.

THANKS JOKILA! I will let all of you know if the IP seals fixed the no start problem. So anxious!