Can't adjust IQ in VCDS adaptions

2000golftdigls

TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS
When going into the adaptions mode of VCDS, I can only adjust idle in group 2. All other groups are " Not Available". Anyone else have this problem? I want to adjust IQ. It is presently at 1.8 and I have slowdown shudder. I bought the unit from Rosstech and paid full price.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
*paid full price*, glad to see a good buisness getting its money. I paid $55.00 for mine used, works as good as yours!

What engine code is your engine? Some engines need to be manually adjusted, some with a "hammer mod"

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Did you log into adaptations? 12344 is the login, IIRC. After logging in you can change settings.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
On the same screen where you select Adaptation there's a log-in bar. Click on that, log in (it's 12233, not what I posted above) and then go back to click on adaptation. Go to field #1 and you can adjust IQ.

I was looking for an article describing this. There should be several but I can't find one, even the one I wrote years ago for our blog.

2000golftdigls

TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS
Thanks to all for help, especially IBW. I was able to adjust the I.Q. from 1.6 to 3.0 and the shudder appears to be gone!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Glad you were able to do it. The older ALHs (99.5s and 2000s) can get slow down shudder when the weather gets colder.