Looking to buy a Q5

nascar

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
01 Golf TDI & 09 Touareg TDI
Hi Guys,
Still have our 2001 2 door Golf TDI but looking to upgrade to a Q5 TDI in near future. Been doing some reading and think it would be a nice fit for where we moved to in mid/north BC Canada, with longer, colder winters and more snow.

My question is, with Dieselgate, when/will VW/Audi be reselling the bought back vehicles ? There is no vehicle emissions or EPA in our area but I realize they won’t sell or release a TDI unless it is fixed/changed to EPA ratings. I haven’t heard or seen any of these TDI’s up for sale by VW or Audi. Anybody have any insight ?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Hi Guys,

Still have our 2001 2 door Golf TDI but looking to upgrade to a Q5 TDI in near future. Been doing some reading and think it would be a nice fit for where we moved to in mid/north BC Canada, with longer, colder winters and more snow.

My question is, with Dieselgate, when/will VW/Audi be reselling the bought back vehicles ? There is no vehicle emissions or EPA in our area but I realize they won’t sell or release a TDI unless it is fixed/changed to EPA ratings. I haven’t heard or seen any of these TDI’s up for sale by VW or Audi. Anybody have any insight ?

In the US, maybe next year, if the EPA approves the fix. In Canada, who knows?

BrettS

TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
I bought a 2015 in a private sale just over a month ago now. Flew to Saskatoon and drove it home to Toronto. Three and a half hours there then three and a half days home. Was a great trip. There were some for sale locally both private and at dealers, but I got a better deal from out west so jumped on it. Depending on how the settlement goes in Canada, I "may" get a bit of money back from Audi as the second owner, but not holding my breath. We are loving the car but between my wife and daughter, I don't get to drive it very much. Glad I got the road trip in.

Brett

pricha00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI
Hey Brett , can you give some more particulars on vehicle and pricing. I am in southern Ontario and seeing 2014 Q5 Technik with around 80K for 37K or so. I am also curious what type of possible buy back or bonus funds from VW if forced to have modifications done to DEF delivery rates.

Thanks

Pat

BrettS

TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
Pat, mine is a 2015 Technik and included comfort seat package and rear seat entertainment system plus fine grain ash inlay and rear window sunshades. Also came with brand new tires and a set of like new winter tires. Mileage was about 90K and I got it for $32,5. Had just had a full service at the dealer and came with one more service. I was seeing upwards of $40K for the same vehicle here in the GTA. If I get something back from Audi with the fix that would be awesome. Not interested in a buyback, we just got it.

Brett

sis11

TDI
I basically came for this same reason, looking over to buy some Q5, not looking new.
So any hint what to look for when looking at the car (electronics, rust, dents.. etc..)

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I basically came for this same reason, looking over to buy some Q5, not looking new.
So any hint what to look for when looking at the car (electronics, rust, dents.. etc..)

The gen 2 Q5 is not known for any typical failures, except for components of the adblue and emissions systems, which are to be covered under the extended warranty for 10 years or 120k miles from the original vehicle in service date, or 4 years 48k miles from the vehicle fix date, whichever is longer.

It’s the best vehicle ever for me, and that includes many, including a 2011 tdi Touareg which it replaces, which is itself an amazing vehicle.

nascar

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
01 Golf TDI & 09 Touareg TDI
I ended up buying a clean 2009 Touareg Highline TDI for the wife. Couldn’t find any Q5’s within 10hrs from us, so it is what it is. We like it.
Done Vag-Com tweaks to it & modified the EGR to lessen the flow.
Thanks for the info guys.