When are you arriving?

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
Idea

How about we start a room post so the information will be all in one place????

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We're in my room stuffing goodie bags for registration tomorrow. Sweet! ;)

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
VeeDubTDI said:
We're in my room stuffing goodie bags for registration tomorrow. Sweet! ;)
If it weren't for the fact that I am dog tired right now, I would offer to drop by and help out with some of this stuff. The hotel is kind of on the way home from work for me. I could practically ride my bicycle to the place :D.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
ericy said:
If it weren't for the fact that I am dog tired right now, I would offer to drop by and help out with some of this stuff. The hotel is kind of on the way home from work for me. I could practically ride my bicycle to the place :D.
We have a New Englander en route right now, ETA of 3am. How much more tired can you be? Come on over.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Our lunch plans will consist of getting things ready for check-in. We'll probably just order some pizzas and pig out in the registration suite.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
mrvermin said:
Ok, I am here at the hotel now, 10hour drive straight through from Toronto. Left at midnight :D, no traffic, but my Garmin refused to allow me to use the interstate :mad:, every time I got one one, it told me to get off and take rural routes... added about 1.5 hours to the trip or so :(

Oh, and someone should have checked to see if the hotel was going to be "under construction" or not during the fest :eek::rolleyes:;)

MrVermin
Hey Joel,

I'll be leaving at 3pm this afternoon.

My Garmin, Google, Mapquest shows that same rural route. Need options. Which way should i go?

Would it make sense to go Toronto - Buffalo- Erie - Pittsburgh - Washington? All interstates......... hmmmm.............

later,
Pete

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The V's will be there at 11:00 ish Fri. We have the oins.

P&J

RUSHtheBUS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan. #13,500
I'm here, FOR THE LOVE OF HEAVEN, BRING BUG SPRAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becareful of the GPS, you need to take the toll road into the hotel, the GPS told me not to but that was bad. By the way, when are they going to get I95 finished?

Room 915

By the way, got a mathimatical 700 miles/tank on the drive down in my 2009 sedan DSG

Last edited:

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hey pete.

Take the route that it shows you, but watch out, there will be a spot that will get you lost as it is not on the maps yet. You will come down a hill with lots of twists in it and merge on to a NEW highway that it not on the Garmin. Take it to the next exit and get off. the garmin will scream recalculating, but just get off and go left to the next county road. The garmin will pick you up again and get you back to the proper route...

Happened to me and two others that came in from Toronto last night.

MrVermin

petea4 said:
Hey Joel,

I'll be leaving at 3pm this afternoon.

My Garmin, Google, Mapquest shows that same rural route. Need options. Which way should i go?

Would it make sense to go Toronto - Buffalo- Erie - Pittsburgh - Washington? All interstates......... hmmmm.............

later,
Pete

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
mrvermin said:
Hey pete.

Take the route that it shows you, but watch out, there will be a spot that will get you lost as it is not on the maps yet. You will come down a hill with lots of twists in it and merge on to a NEW highway that it not on the Garmin. Take it to the next exit and get off. the garmin will scream recalculating, but just get off and go left to the next county road. The garmin will pick you up again and get you back to the proper route...

Happened to me and two others that came in from Toronto last night.

MrVermin

Just got in at 11:55am. Left at 3pm. 8.5hrs seat time driving on my MFA. 1/2 hour for a rest stop and Duty Free shop visit.

Which road with twists i should be on the lookout for? Didn't have a problem. Most of those roads were lots of fun. :D Saw 2 troppers with people already pulled over. I got pretty lucky. 'Cause on those twisties in the valley, rolling at double the speed limit, the Golf was on rails. :D

Later,
Pete

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
WHO's Staying??

Well it is Monday and another Fest has come and gone. We are heading back to DC again this morning, Ford's Theatre and American history mueseum are next on the agenda. But was wondering who is staying around till tomorrow?

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
Just arrived home too. We got several amount of rain on our way back.
The organisers even had planned the weather and delayed the rain for the weekend.

It has been an awesome fest, like all I've participated in.

Thumbs up to all the people who participated in making this event a success.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just got home from the hotel. Everything went like clockwork, and the hotel thanked us for an awesome weekend. They were thrilled with everything, and invited us back again.

As for I-95... it's never going to be finished. It's a continuous work in progress... it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.