Vag-Tacho or Vag-dash-com in the GTA?

bad-dog42

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
Hey All,

I bought PharoahTDI's MFA cluster and I was wondering if anybody in the GTA or surrounding area has a Vag-Tacho or Vag-dash-com to enable the "miles to empty" function?

Thanks.

bad-dog42

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
Thanks man. I see you're going to be at the Gator GTG. If you bring it and I bring the cluster, <in a small voice> maybe somebody with the know how can show me how to do the deed....?

OmegaRenegade said:
if you know how to do it - i have the cable for it

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
You will have to install the cluster FIRST, then do the magic with the cable. You might want to do some searching so that you have the information in hand rather than sitting around and going through the settings. Vag-com is not a software with "tick" boxes with all the available options. It's a great tool, but you have to know what numbers to adjust in what fields. (not trying to rag on you...just trying to give you some information).

Vag-com works through the car's diagnostic port...it's essentially like going to the dealer and have their computer hooked up to your car. You may have to do some searching over on the Vortex...as they will likely have the information you need there.

bad-dog42

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
Hey man, vag-com isn't the topic of this thread. I know my way around vag-com, thanks.

Toronto_Vento said:
You will have to install the cluster FIRST, then do the magic with the cable. You might want to do some searching so that you have the information in hand rather than sitting around and going through the settings. Vag-com is not a software with "tick" boxes with all the available options. It's a great tool, but you have to know what numbers to adjust in what fields. (not trying to rag on you...just trying to give you some information).

Vag-com works through the car's diagnostic port...it's essentially like going to the dealer and have their computer hooked up to your car. You may have to do some searching over on the Vortex...as they will likely have the information you need there.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Johns right tho - you need to have the cluster installed before you can pair it to the ECU.... and Vag-Tacho isnt the easiest software to navigate, it isnt nearly as friendly as Vag-Com.