Premium diesel in DC burbs?

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
I live less than a mile from the Pentagon citgo, so I'm very much looking forward to B20 from that station. Right now, the closest Biodiesel for me is B100 in Taylorsville, MD - a 90 minute drive (each way!).

rshelton

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI DSG, '09 Mercedes ML320 Bluetec
So I figured I'd go grave digging since I haven't seen much on good diesel in the DC area lately. Where is everyone getting their diesel these days? Most places I'm finding are all 40 cetane. Also of note is that the Quarters K Citgo by the Pentagon that sold the bio fuels has closed....

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Shell Premium 45, Route 50 and Graham Rd. Falls Church
BP/Amoco Premier Diesel 47, Route 7 east of 123 (Tyson's Corner)

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
So I figured I'd go grave digging since I haven't seen much on good diesel in the DC area lately. Where is everyone getting their diesel these days? Most places I'm finding are all 40 cetane. Also of note is that the Quarters K Citgo by the Pentagon that sold the bio fuels has closed....
__. If you're out on the road, "Mr. Fuel" at I-95 exit 104 (north of Richmond, near Kings Dominion) has 45 cetane fuel for about $3.70 (last week). I've used it often for the past 8 years and it's always worked pretty well.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Just found another BP/Amoco Premier Diesel, 47, $3.96, at the corner of Roosevelt and Wilson, just off Seven Corners (yes, indeed, for you non-locals...Seven Corners is an intersection in NO. VA...a real nightmare...).

Anyway, the station is a gas-and-go variety, so good luck getting any info about the number of gallons they pump, etc. The BP/Amoco (Route 7) and Shell (Graham and Route 50) are legitimate garages, if that makes a difference to you.

abbottt

TDI
2012 4D DSG
Any updates on this thread... I just bought a car in Alexandria, I live in Arlington and I need to find a good diesel station soon.