Does MFI Display still work after new stereo?

Kobayashimaru

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Greetings!

I'm thinking of upgrading the RCD-510 in my 2012 JSW to a Pioneer unit with navigation. What's holding me back is the MFI display. Mainly, using the steering wheel controls and display is how I make calls when driving. I know there are modules that will allow you to keep the steering wheel controls, but will the cell phone functionality carryover? I've read somewhere that Bluetooth is separate module from the stereo unit, but I want to be sure before I spend $500 on something that won't work for me.

Thanks,
Joe

Astrand1

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL premium
Check out enfigcarstereo.com I have no affiliation With them. Found them on YouTube the other day. He has some good install videos and has all the connectors we need for our cars so that there is no wire splicing. It’s all plug n play and he sells a module that retains what looks like all the info in the MFI. You prolly have the separate Bluetooth module in your car. In my 13 Passat it’s under my pass seat not sure where yours is. This company also has a new microphone that goes in the factory location as well. Good luck. In my case I’m upgrading my 510 to a MIB2 pro so I can have CarPlay and keep all the factory stuff and look.