www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old March 4th, 2011, 21:58   #1
bernie165

Fuel Economy: 39
Default Magnetic Drain Plugs

Hello all - I have Dimple brand magnetic drain plugs for the engine oil pan and the manual transmission. I carry the M14x1.5 for the oil drain - this will fit all TDI's. And for the newer 6 speed manuals - I have a magnetic drain plug for both styles depending on vintage. If you have the earlier 6 speed manual from pre mid 2010 and the drain plug is black plastic, you have the M24x1.5. If you have an aluminum drain plug with inverted hex head, and your vehicle is mid 2010 build or newer, you have the M22x1.5. I will have free shipping, all products are made in the USA, and the Dimple plug utilizes a very powerful neodymium magnet that does not degrade over time or temperature increase. I am throwing this out to see if there is any interest and how much. The more people I have interested, the lower I can offer a price and put together a group buy. Please email me at trknctry@yahoo.com if interested and of which product. Also feel free to contact me with questions. I am currently utilizing plugs in both my engine and transmission and decided to spread the word based on my positive experience because in the past, I have found most magnetic drain plugs to be cheaply made and of poor quality.
Thanks - David
Neodymium
Old March 6th, 2011, 03:30   #2
elcamino73
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.3 Best, 50+ avg

interested for one for my 02 5 speed, about to change the fluid in a week

Mods: Frostheater, 5 brake lights, snow screen removal, ventectomy, CCL lighting in trunk, Monster floor mats, leather shift boot
elcamino73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 18:04   #3
bernie165

Great, thank you! Unfortunately I do not know what size is in each application. Can you send me the drain plug size?? I believe it has o be the M22 or M24, I don't think they used any other size.
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:39   #4
vwjettadsl

Price?

Malone Tuning Dealer, I offer tunes for ALL TDI's
www.MidwestTDI.com

vwjettadsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:59   #5
elcamino73
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.3 Best, 50+ avg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie165 View Post
Great, thank you! Unfortunately I do not know what size is in each application. Can you send me the drain plug size?? I believe it has o be the M22 or M24, I don't think they used any other size.
Unfortunatly I don't know the size either, at least not till I take it out. But I'm not willing to swap plugs after a fluid change (mess, loss of fluid, time, etc.).

Also, a price would be good to know.

Mods: Frostheater, 5 brake lights, snow screen removal, ventectomy, CCL lighting in trunk, Monster floor mats, leather shift boot
elcamino73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 15:27   #6
bernie165

Hey guys,
First I appreciate the interest!! As I mentioned to start, I am trying to work the bugs out on this and possibly put a group buy together. So far, it has been low so at this point I am going to hold off. Sorry, my thought was if enough were interested, I could get them down to less than 24.95 - that is what they retail for straight from the manufacturer. That is where I bought them, it is actually a good deal when you factor in free shipping and you see the quality. Again, I have to state - I didn't make these but was potentially trying to put a group buy together to save us all a little. I don't know what others have experienced, but for me personally, finding a good magnetic drain plug was difficult so I thought since I did find one and had a good experience, I would share!!! Google Dimple magnetic drain plugs -

Good luck!!!!!!
And elcamino - x2 I wouldn't want to either - that is the other problem I'm facing is finding an accurate 'application' guide so to speak for the older model stuff.
Old May 30th, 2014, 19:42   #7
09 VW TDI

Default MT drain magnetic plug

are you still selling these?, I have a 2009 Jetta 6 speed with a build date of Jan 2009.