www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 20:54   #151
40X40
Experienced

Fuel Economy: TBD, new data forthcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd is the best View Post
How can we turn this thread around? Hot chicks maybe??? A video of my newly installed rain/light sensor and auto rain closing windows?????
Do they have anything at all to do with:

APR Tuning now offering a tune for 2.0 CR TDIs!

Why not start a new thread with your mods, they sound both interesting and useful. I am sure we would all like to learn how you did them.

Bill
If you omit pertinent info from your question, you cannot reasonably expect a good answer.//Not affiliated with any vendors except as a customer.// Wise people lurk more.// I'm not a guru.// 'I got actual real friends in the real world'-T'sTDI/ If you were the only entry, there wasn't a race.// Grammar and spelling really are important, but I don't claim to be good at it.// Typical drivers can't.
40X40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 21:10   #152
amd is the best
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: AVG: 37mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40X40 View Post
Do they have anything at all to do with:
APR Tuning now offering a tune for 2.0 CR TDIs!
Why not start a new thread with your mods, they sound both interesting and useful. I am sure we would all like to learn how you did them.
Bill
Anything that gets said about the thread title gets bashed instantly, no sense in carrying on with that. My last post was more of a comic relief and not serious anyway.

Side note, I do have my own thread which can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=357670
www.youtube.com/amdisthebest
amd is the best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:44   #153
Dhimarko

Fuel Economy: 39 MPG

I am getting a stage 1 Tune from Unitronic on tuesday and now from everything said in this thread, I feel like if I ask anything about it I wouldn't be getting an accurate answer about anything.. Ahaha oh well. Anyway AMD your tune is looking good next to your brothers Malone tune.
Dhimarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:26   #154
DasTeknoViking
Veteran Member

Take it to the drag strip, then drive to "mexico" for some roll ons. Personally not a believer in dynos, because I am into bikes and dyno doesn't show what ram air does while standing still.

That said I got APR on my GTi and TDT on my B4 TDi, zero bias what so ever.
DasTeknoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 15:51   #155
Arin@APR

Hey guys, I would love to answer all of your questions, but club TDI says I cannot "officially" post for 60 days AFTER they call me, after I submit my signup form (which I did last week, so I'm still waiting).

This will be my only post till I'm "official" I guess.

You can find me, and other threads discussed elsewhere in the mean time.
Arin@APR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 16:56   #156
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 130 MPGe

It's actually 60 days after your join date.
Old August 4th, 2012, 22:54   #157
storx
Veteran Member

Wow, I just wanted to know why apr tune was so much different then mine... Careless who you want tune your car...
Old August 6th, 2012, 13:09   #158
Asmerrill
Veteran Member

Ugh, with a thread topic name like this thread has, you would think there would be better reviews. This is not the case. Epic fail.
Asmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 17:00   #159
nathaniel

TDI(s): PASSAT

yea I know your playing guinni pig with what you got going on, kinda hope you get it all figured out and then i can see what i will need lol. Just wanted to see how much TQ you got with that stage2+ tune is nuts!!
processing gateway

Last edited by nathaniel; August 8th, 2012 at 07:52.
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 20:03   #160
storx
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
yea I know your playing guinni pig with what you got going on, kinda hope you get it all figured out and then i can see what i will need lol. Just wanted to see how much TQ you got with that stage2+ tune is nuts!!
I posted dyno sheet...
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:03   #161
fdizz
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '15 Golf 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortus View Post
So I called an APR dealer in San Antonio (about an hour away) since the one in Austin sucks, and I'm scheduled to get the APR tune tomorrow at 10:00am. I'll report back and let you know what I think.

I have a stock 2010 Golf, 2 door, manual transmission, TDI.
The suspense is killin me bud.. how is it???
fdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:08   #162
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdizz View Post
The suspense is killin me bud.. how is it???
You are not going to get any APR info from Tortus. He opted to go for a Revo tune instead. More info here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=360026

Have Fun!

Don

JSWTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:17   #163
Canary5.0
Veteran Member

Quote:
Attempted to get the tune today, but apparently APR needs to build a map for my car. The dealer was told that my car (TDI + DSG) is the first in the country with the single stalk cruise control to get the flash. Anyways, should be early next week instead.
I posted almost the same thing awhile back and got no response amid the banter lol. I was told the same thing and was just told by my APR dealer that the sale was extended until the 18th of Aug for TDI's that came in and couldn't get a tune. So I guess that it will be available for 11-12s in the nest week and a half. We shall see.
Old August 7th, 2012, 19:15   #164
BuzzB

Smile Successful APR Tune

Got my 2011 Golf TDI APR reflash yesterday. Black Forest in Cary, NC completed it as their first actual successful flash, as the first few cars through the previous week required remapping. The APR sale price was extended because of the teething problems. Single program only, available for my ECU model - no opportunity to manually switch back to stock as advertised by APR. So after first 150 miles, what's the bottom line?
The good
I'd say it feels like upgrading to a Golf TDI badged with an R. Subjectively more pull in all gears at all speeds. But in first gear, front wheels scrub over pavement breaks, so without the benefit of 4-Motion, more power would only be useful over 30mph. Using a handheld stopwatch, 0-60 is just shy of 8secs, both with and without traction control, in DSG Sport mode. Only slightly better than my previous measurement of stock. But it feels more fun in all situations I tried, both on and off the interstate. 60-80mph punch on interstate is noticeably smoother and much faster. Engine is smoother at higher revs and more free revving over 4,000rpm, without the fall off and grumbling of the stock TDI. MPG so far seems the same as stock, maybe 41 vs normal 42mpg average for my lengthy 150 mile commute, but I've driven it harder today and not enough miles yet to be sure.
The bad?
DSG in Drive grinds along in town at +/- 1,400rpm. Less than full acceleration can cause a delayed downshift until the turbo kicks in around 1,800. A little odd. Sport mode on the other hand is improved, operating in 1,900-3,000 rpm range in town (max torque), and no longer causing the uneven engine breaking sometimes felt in stock model. Black Forest picked up the Drive issue when they tested the vehicle and suggest considering a DSG custom reflash.

Overall in real world driving I've found it difficult to find opportunities to legally stretch the new capabilities, and look forward to tomorrow's commute to have another go, so I'd say I'm one very happy customer!
BuzzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 19:39   #165
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 130 MPGe

They recommended a DSG tune? I thought the whole point was that it didn't need a DSG tune. I am not impressed by the lack of testing prior to releasing the product.