www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old July 11th, 2014, 14:03   #1
Andrius

Default 1.9TDI 90Hp remap

Hello,

I have a 2005 golf mkV 1.9TDI, 90HP (BEW engine ) and its feels a bit sluggish so i'm thinking about a remap. What do you think would be the safe increase in the power without sacrificing the engine longevity too much? I heard then a 77kW golf has the same engine as 66kW, only ECU has different software. Is that true?
Has anyone done a remap to the 90HP engine? How about clutch? will it cope with the new increased power (the car has 116000km)
Sorry that is a lot of questions, in short: i would like to hear your opinions is it worth it, because i like my car and want it to last a long time
Andrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 01:29   #2
Andrius

any ideas?
Old July 12th, 2014, 15:34   #3
Feinstaub_CH
Veteran Member

Start here, not all questions are answered but it gives you a good "big picture"

Pozz
Feinstaub_CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 19:47   #4
andrewspearns
Veteran Member

Hold up... Has it always felt sluggish, or is this something new? Remapping a car with mechanical issues is not good.
andrewspearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 22:58   #5
Andrius

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewspearns View Post
Hold up... Has it always felt sluggish, or is this something new? Remapping a car with mechanical issues is not good.
It's hard to tell, because before this car i only had driven old 53HP VW Polo. So when i bought this golf about 6 months ago it felt like a rocket And now its not. Maybe because i just adapted to it.

But there was some issues a few months ago with the turbo: when i was passing other cars on the highway and pushed accelerator all the way down, check engine light came on, it was turbo underboost error. I took the car to mechanic and he said turbo i OK, but the stop screw for the turbo VNT vanes seems to be adjusted by someone previously.

My mechanic corrected the screw position, and the car seemed to be faster for some time, but now i think its a bit slower again. i scanned the car but there are no pending errors.

1) How should 90HP car behave when you are lets say in 3rd gear at 1800 rpm and press gas all the way down suddenly? Mine just gains speed slowly, there aren't any instantaneous feel of power

2) Also there is an issue when moving off from a standstill and releasing clutch slowly (without pressing gas - i do this often when maneuvering in tight parking spaces as slow speed are needed ). Previously the car would move in a smooth fashion, but now it jerks a bit and struggles until i lift the foot of the clutch completely. what could be wrong here? Could it be related to lack of acceleration?

Last edited by Andrius; July 13th, 2014 at 01:18.