www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old May 29th, 2020, 13:08   #1
gguazzoni138

TDI(s): 2015 GSW
Default Tubular Sway bars on 2015 GolfSportwagen?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or is in a different thread but does anyone know if the sway bars on the 2015 Golfs are hollow or solid? I’ve looked here and on the web but to no avail.

I bought a thicker sway bar. It’s not as thick as I would like and I am trying to see what I should expect in terms of handling improvement.

Thanks!

Last edited by gguazzoni138; May 29th, 2020 at 13:10. Reason: Added information
gguazzoni138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2020, 18:12   #2
pebjr
Veteran Member

Here is a thread discussing rear sway bar.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=476283
pebjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2020, 20:35   #3
gguazzoni138

Iím a little confused. The 2015 GSW uses a torsion beam rather than a bar? I havenít jacked it up yet but sticking my head under there doesnít seem like itís a beam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 31st, 2020, 22:16   #4
Cuzoe
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 Golf S

Not sure what you mean by "torsion beam rather than a bar" but the rear is a torsion beam. The Mk7 TDI Golf/GSW does not have independent rear suspension.

Neuspeed is the only company that makes a sway bar for the torsion beam rear. It is advertised to reduce the twisting of the torsion beam that occurs when turning.

Neuspeed, 034, SuperPro and H&R have front swaybars (various diameters, solid/hollow, all appear to be adjustable) with Mk7 TDI fitment so you've got options there.

FWIW, these front bars also fit the GTI/TSI so it's likely that front bars from other manufacturers will also fit the TDI. I would assume those manufacturers have not been able to finding e fitment on a TDI so they don't include it in their fitment list. Neuspeed describes their bar relative to the stiffness of the stock GTI bar. Would have to check part numbers but I suspect the GTI stock front sway is already stiffer than the stock sway on the TDI.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cuzoe; May 31st, 2020 at 22:26.
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2020, 10:26   #5
gguazzoni138

Thank for the reply. Iím just so surprised it doesnít have IRS. I got it sorted out now.

Thank again!

Old June 2nd, 2020, 08:53   #6
gguazzoni138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzoe View Post
Not sure what you mean by "torsion beam rather than a bar" but the rear is a torsion beam. The Mk7 TDI Golf/GSW does not have independent rear suspension.

Neuspeed is the only company that makes a sway bar for the torsion beam rear. It is advertised to reduce the twisting of the torsion beam that occurs when turning.

Neuspeed, 034, SuperPro and H&R have front swaybars (various diameters, solid/hollow, all appear to be adjustable) with Mk7 TDI fitment so you've got options there.

FWIW, these front bars also fit the GTI/TSI so it's likely that front bars from other manufacturers will also fit the TDI. I would assume those manufacturers have not been able to finding e fitment on a TDI so they don't include it in their fitment list. Neuspeed describes their bar relative to the stiffness of the stock GTI bar. Would have to check part numbers but I suspect the GTI stock front sway is already stiffer than the stock sway on the TDI.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What benefit would you see from a stiffer front bar? Wouldnít it just bias the car to understeer more?