2002 Audi Allroad ALH Conversion

onlyn8v

Veteran Member
did you make your own passenger side mount because you wanted to use the stock turbo? otherwise I thought 1.8t mounts work fine no?
You can only use the stock 1.8t mounts if you are using a BHW or other longitudinal manifold and turbo. They will not work using the ALH turbo.

K1Cowboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Audi S4 AFN TDI
Nice work. I subscribed to the thread. I have 2000 Audi B5 S4 with a 2.7T that is about timed out so I am planning this same build. I'd like to see how the factory gauges wire up, especially the tach. I want to use my same cluster and I'm hoping I can just change some settings in VCDS.

jack1

TDI
Audi Allroad 1.9tdi, Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi, Vw T25 2.5 V6 tdi
carried out a similar conversion 18 months ago on a 2000 allroad, 2.5 v6tdi converted to 1.9tdi AFN, 6 speed manual, 50mpg average, very happy with it's power too

arjax

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 allroad TDI BHW swap 6spd code GLX, 2014 Q5 3.0L TDI
Jack1...would a 1z/AHU engine work?

jack1

TDI
Audi Allroad 1.9tdi, Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi, Vw T25 2.5 V6 tdi
yeah from an Audi A4,A6 or passat B5 , that way the mounts should match up easier, then just upgrade the ecu to EDC15 with a suitable map to run it properly, but yeah there fine, these engines can produce 130bhp with a tune which from the 90bhp standard is a big improvement, I find the AFN better suited on low down revs because of the VNT turbo, as the AHU are wastegated turbos(although a stronger turbo ), they would both cost roughly the same to buy, so you have a choice really, the 1.9tdi PD engines will fit staright in too from the passats and A4's/A6's

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Definitely subscribed!,
I am looking to purchase a allroad manula, and I have a whole 2003 Alh setup here with wiring and another parts car too.\
Just found out the Allroad was available with a 3rd row seat. I have 4 kids ,so this looks like my best option!! I've been rocking a build up 6.0L Excursion ( nice but 18mpg at best),.. and thought my only hope was a sprinter van (too much $), or a Eurovan TDI / manual swap ( very labor intesive and hard to source the parts)
Please update and keep us informed. Great work and info so far!!
Thanks,
Deo

TDI
1991 Transporter TDI
I like what you are doing. I can't seem to find the motor mounts. Do you have the p/n for the BHW mounts from a B5.5 Passat TDI?
It looks like you fabed up the right side.

Thanks
Tony

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
You only have to fab up the motor mount if you want to stick with the stock ALH vnt15, because it hugs the block so much.

A BHW turbo sticks way out from the block to clear the BHW engine mount.

nate0031

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
96 B4 Passat
You can use the AWM 1.8t mounts and pan too, that's what I did.