www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old March 13th, 2019, 15:46   #1
Daily_Diesel

Default 2014 Jetta Sport Wagon Brakes

Got a new to me 2014 Jetta Sport Wagon, and I can never leave anything alone especially a car. Back in the day the wife had a 12 Jetta but would not let me touch it, so I never really learned anything about them.

With that being said, when something needs to be changed or serviced (especially suspension) I tend to upgrade it. So here we are about the brakes.

Is there any bigger system I can install from other products? Rotors, calipers, etc. Does Audi or Porsche bolt up and have the same lug pattern? Thinking of changing to steel braided lines, drilled and slotted rotors, but that is depending if I can bolt up other calipers that fit bigger disk?

Any help on this subject?

*Eventually I will be on 18's or 19's, so clearance shouldn't be an issue. If it is, the wheels and drop kit will have to come earlier than later.
Daily_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 15:58   #2
vincej
Veteran Member

Well you can spend money and make it pretty but I have found the brakes on this car to be better than any I have owned previously. I turned in the 2013 at 167k km (100k mi) and I think they were only about half gone.

Sorry for being a spoil sport.
vincej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 16:02   #3
Daily_Diesel

I always spend money to make things pretty. I just dont like the small brakes with bigger wheels, so I have to even them out.
Daily_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 17:41   #4
INSW20

do you care more about looks or performance? are you trying to stay within a certain budget for the upgrade?
INSW20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 17:51   #5
BarryT82
Veteran Member

I purchased PowerStop slotted & drilled rotors with carbon ceramic pads. I got it all on eBay for about $300 from Summit Racing.
BarryT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 18:00   #6
D-Cup
Veteran Member

I’ve looked at upgrading the brakes on on my 2010 for towing purposes. From what I have found, it will cost well over $2k to upgrade to larger discs & calipers that will actually yield better performance.
Much more reasonable to upgrade to higher performance rotors & pads if that’s what you’re after. If you’re after looks, take the calipers off and paint them. Brakes on the wagon are the same size as the GTI/GLI/Cup Edition (IIRC), and they look just fine in red under 18” wheels.
I’m not sure if the brakes from the Mk6 Golf R are any different. Maybe someone can chime in with that.
If you have an unlimited budget - putting Audi RS brakes on your car would look sweet AF and run you around $4k. Send pics!
D-Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:27   #7
INSW20

if you want performance, put blank rotors on and spend the money on some nice pads. Porterfield, Carbotech, Hawk, etc.... all make excellent pads that will bite hard and offer great fade resistance, if you're looking for performance on a budget.
INSW20 is online now   Reply With Quote