Do Golf Rear Seats Fold Flat?

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Souzafone said:
Once you pull the headrests and seat bottoms.
__. I hope it's not like the Jetta sedan. Once the rear seats are folded down (headrests and seat bottoms out), there's a "step down" of about 1 1/2 inches from the level of the seats to the level of the trunk floor. I'm 6'1" and I could stretch out and nap in the back of my sedan but I had to pad the floor up first.

bruzer_boy

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
mrGutWrench said:
__. I hope it's not like the Jetta sedan. Once the rear seats are folded down (headrests and seat bottoms out), there's a "step down" of about 1 1/2 inches from the level of the seats to the level of the trunk floor.
Nope. Its flat.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
my golf has a "step down". Only gets uncomfortable about 1/2 way through the night. I just stick some foam floor mats in the back half to level it off.

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
runonbeer said:
my golf has a "step down". Only gets uncomfortable about 1/2 way through the night. I just stick some foam floor mats in the back half to level it off.
__. My neighbor had a refrigerator delivered and then threw the carton out on recycling day. One layer of corrogated cardboard, then a layer of the "styrofoam" packing foam, then another layer of corrogated made a *perfect* "leveler". I trimmed it to fit the profile of the right side of the trunk and duct-taped the edges. With a foam rubber pad on top and a sleeping bag ... ahhhhh. :)

DIESELprogrammer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Silver/Gray
mrGutWrench said:
__. I hope it's not like the Jetta sedan. Once the rear seats are folded down (headrests and seat bottoms out), there's a "step down" of about 1 1/2 inches from the level of the seats to the level of the trunk floor. I'm 6'1" and I could stretch out and nap in the back of my sedan but I had to pad the floor up first.
My 03MY Golf GLS 4door has the same "step down" that the Jetta has.

rickyble

Veteran Member
TDI
2004Beetle auto DSG 2006 Jetta auto DSG
My 03 2 door does not fold flat. the 1 1/2 inch is there. I keep my clubs and pull cart in the back all the time and it is a little bit of a snit. would be better flat but Ill think I ll keep the car. :)

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
DIESELprogrammer said:
My 03MY Golf GLS 4door has the same "step down" that the Jetta has.
__. I guessed that that would be the case. Not a big thing, but it can be a minor PITA at times.