Want to trade a 2016 Jetta Tsi for a Sportwagen, am I crazy?

Tdidiesel02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf TDI
So guys I have previously owned an Mk4 tdi wagon and I loved owning a Wagon, there is just so much space and the mileage is perfect. My work used to be 100 miles a day away, now its 15 miles tips. I have a really nice 2016 Jetta TSi with 50k miles that I thought about trading for a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen. The wagon has 54k miles, in good condition, just like mine. I want to do a fair even swap with the dealership, do you think that I should? My Jetta has leather heated seats, sun roof, the technology package with Blind zone monitoring, front assist and rear camera. I believe the sportwagen had the huge sunroof and heated leather seats. I dont owe any money on the Jetta so I could easily swap it. What do you guys think?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Its up to you but I would steer clear of pano roof, they are problematic..... unless you are handy with cars then go get it.... but you still keep the 15 miles drive everyday? TDI loves long drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I recently purchased a very lightly used 2016 Jetta 1.4T SE with Connectivity for my son after he crashed his 2010 Jetta 2.5. I drove the 2016 from Philadelphia to Chicago to give it to him and I thought the car was great! The 1.4T engine is so much nicer than the 2.5 and the car overall just seemed nicer and more advanced than the 2010 Jetta. The technology in the car with Apple CarPlay was also really nice to have. His car also had the extra speakers in the A pillar, so the sound was great too.

The bottom line, if I just had to have a wagon, I think I'd look at a newer TSI version. I'd go for the generation after the 2010-2014 Sportwagen. Of course there is also a newer TDI Sportwagen, but the TSI seems so good I think I'd skip the TDI at this time. And that's from a guy that absolutely loves his 2010 Golf TDI with 170K+ miles.

Last edited:

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
Yeah the Sportwagen is the way to go. Drives like a sedan but has cargo cubic footage capacity like a small/medium CUV with a lower lift over height. I think the JSW/GSW beat some of the small CUV for cargo capacity.

This is my first station wagon and I absolutely love it! You can fold the back seats down and fit pretty much anything in it which cannot be said about the sedan.

TDI Kovács

Veteran Member
TDI
Two Preban TDI's; One "FIXED" TDI.
I have to say I'm partial to both of my JSW's.

They both have the pano roof and I have yet to have any issues. I don't open it or close the shade though. Leaks are my main concern and haven't had any as of yet (fingers crossed).