2005/TDI JettaWagon/Bad Trans/ CharlotteNC

DukeMatisse

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
2005 Jetta Wagon 1.9L 1896 CC L4 Diesel with a bad transmission for sale. I'm willing to part with it for a less than reasonable price if someone who knows their stuff can talk me into it. the car is in Charlotte NC.

Purchased with 27,000 miles on it. Currently has 154,145.

About 3 weeks ago it would not get into 2nd gear. Diagnostic revealed the following:
P0732 - GEAR 2 INCORRECT RATIO
00652 - GEAR MONITORING NOT PLAUSIBLE SIGNAL
00300 - TRANS FLUID TEMP SENSOR INTERMITTENT SIGNAL
00526 - BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH SHORT WITH POWER

VW quoted me $3500 for a used(80,000 miles) trans install. Best guy in town quoted me $4500 for a complete rebuild.

A few weeks ago The following was done at 152,798 miles:
Replaced CAM position sensor.
Replaced Thermostat.
Replaced oil valve cover.
Replaced driver side inner and outer CV Boot.

At 142,609 New brake pads and rotors.

At 115,479 New tires.

At 103,279 New timing belt, tensioners, Water pump gasket and coolant.

Synthetic oil changed every 5000 to 10000 miles along with fuel filter changed as need.

About some of the pictures:

Rear bumper got hit in stop and go traffic at less than 10mph maybe 100,000 miles ago. I had the wheels/alignment checked and everything was great.

Left driver side was hit/rubbed by a car backing out of the driveway across the street.

Bump on passenger door could be a baseball or something - just noticed it taking the pictures.

My son puked a half used pint of ice cream(about 4 months ago) onto the back seat and floor. I had it professionally cleaned, but it honestly does not look the same as before.

Engine sounds and runs fantastically - a bit quieter than other Jetta diesels I've been around.

Here is a link to some pictures; please email me for them if it doesnt work or with any other questions:

http://s612.photobucket.com/user/dukematisse/library/2005 TDI Jetta Wagon

Thanks,

Jesse

DukeMatisse

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
Thanks for the info torman.

I'll consider all offers. Like I said - even less than reasonable offers if properly explained.