Rear spoiler for Golf

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I am trying to buy me a new rear hatch spoiler for my 2000 Golf, does anyone know where to get one at a decent price? thanks for your replies

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
TM Tuning has a few options, the cheapest of which is one by Hofele which is listed for $179, but doesn't include prep or paint, although TM Tuning offers this as an extra option.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Thanks ED's TDI, I will look into it to see which one is nicer.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I've got one off of a 20th I'll sell ya for $50, but you have to come up to Sac & remove it w/o damaging my paint or the spoiler. :rolleyes:

That sucker's glued on but good. :mad:

EddyKilowatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 5M
Was going to suggest TM Tuning also, but that other Ed beat me to it.

Next question is, has anyone installed one of these spoilers, or used the prep/paint service that TM offers?

Eddy

one.nine

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI
I was looking at some other stuff on their site. Too bad it's shipped from europe.

1FSTVW

TDI
Golf GL, 99.5, Indigo
Be carefull, it could get pricey. Got mine un painted and the factory does not include kit with the glue anymore with the spoilers, guess they have had too many complaints because it has been sitting around and has all dried up. I am on my 3rd paint job now as the 1st looked bad (orange peel) did not put it on the car, just had it re/painted. It came out perfect the 2nd time, and got my own glue (PUR) adheisive and glued it on. Then we got some hot weather, about 95 and the paint lifted, or bubbled. Had to get it off the car then, had a hell of a time doing that! Then took it to ANOTHER paint shop for the 3rd time got it re/painted and did the cook test in the sun on a couple saw horses, no bubbles and paint still looks good, and am thinking about putting it on the car again this weekend! So I'm into this little adventure way more than I would care to admit at this point. A mod gone bad.......Wish me luck!