list of known good techs?..

godlike242

Veteran Member
i know this is going to dig up a massive can of worms but that's ok.. it's the in thing

since people seem to be all too willing to rip on the dealers that don't seem to care a whole lot, would it be worth to make a list of the people we consistantly have a good experience with? I specify 'tech' because i am of the general opinion that you should probably know who is working on your car. the people up front might handle the paperwork, but they are not the ones who get their hands greasey, and have to deal with the unmentionable things that people leave in their cars.

just a thought..

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Although I no longer work at a VW dealership, I am still a competant automotive technician, ASE Master L1, a Volkswagen lover/owner/driver, TDI guy, and I also work with another who I would consider even sharper than myself. We are in the St. Louis, Missouri area, if anyone needs any help with anything at all Volkswagen (I even love the air-cooled ones!) jvwbusnut@earthlink.net

CoolWhiteDude

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 1999, Cool White
JSG,where are you located? There are a many people who would like to go to someone who has a clue. I've been wrenching on VW's for 25 years now and for the past 20 at an independent.

godlike242

Veteran Member
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
Oh this ought to be good....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">more like really short.. if we are to believe all the problems people have all the time.

and as i said.. it's just a thought.. i don't have any time wrapped up in it..