Injector Nozzles

02IndioTDIGolf

TDI
2002 Golf Indio Blue
Ordered them tonight
Got a set of the 216s to try out hopefully this saturday. Dunno what power gains to really expect but hopefully its impressive

O and does anyone know a good place to get new injector orings???

Diesel_Knievel

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS, Silver Arrow
Congrats on the purchase! I installed a set of .205's not too long ago and they've really brought the car to life--I can only imagine how those .216's will feel! As for sealing washers, check out Impex for some good prices-- $.50 each (much better than the $2.50/washer that my local dealer attempted to charge me
). The problem with Impex is that you'll spend $5.00 to ship $2.00 worth of washers, so I suggest ordering some filters, timing belt, brakes or whatever else you might need soon to make it worth your while. Enjoy the bigger holes!

02IndioTDIGolf

TDI
2002 Golf Indio Blue
I ordered the best quality 216s that have much better consistency witch= more power/efficency and less smoke

Of course the cost was higher than the oem speck cheepos, but I feel it was worth it as they work awesome

I put them in yesterday evening after work
(hate working saturday) and was a bit worried about the install as I was tired. Things went somewhat smooth and I got them in by midnight

Anyhow, started it up and didnt see much smoke but could smell a bit more fuel
. Had the wife come outside and stomp the pedal a few times while I examined the backside for smoke. Just a bit of smoke after she let off

Drove it a bit lastnight and the power was quite nice

Drove it a bit today and it was even nicer

Anyone doing the nozzels should go for the high quality ones if they are worried about smoke cause they dont make much

I spun through 3rd gear and didnt knotice any clutch slippage. More of a chirp in 3rd
but I would imagine after I get up the nerve and decide who to let chip it I will need a better clutch

Only mod was egr duty cycle, the idle was fine

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Yeah, where'd you get those hot-rod injectors?
Head over to the classifieds section and look for a post by Kerma. He's had a group buy going for a while now. TDINOZZLEGUY is no longer a vendor on this forum, IIRC.

It's also a good idea to read through the injector/nozzle posts in the performance section also.

LWB053

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jetta, Dk Green
About the copper washers:

Generally, when you buy a set of nozzles or injectors, they should come with a set. If not, the set of 4 washers cost something like a buck at a VW dealer. Cost me $4.00 to have 2 sets overnighted to my local dealership.

Of course, the parts counter guy looked at me funny when I ordered 2 sets. I told him I was building my own V-8 TDI, and he just shrugged.....

Keith

indytdi01

TDI
01 Reflex Silver
Yeah, where'd you get those hot-rod injectors?
i dont know where he got his but i got mine from www.tdiracing.com and have been happy with them. much better price than what others are selling them for and the service has been great and not to mention the POWER!

02IndioTDIGolf

TDI
2002 Golf Indio Blue
Lots o slamming in here

Anyhow, to who it may concern I got my nozzels from tdiracing.com

I am happy with them and they dont smoke hardly at all

I personally dont care where anyone buys their stuff, and by all means inform others if you feel you have been taken.

I think special attention should be taken to install any injector nozzels as a person could really screw up a good set of tips

I followed the procedure to the letter, and had no problems

I had already done the egr mod by way of vag-com and after install the car had great idle as if nothing had changed. It seems to cruse with much less effort.

I will have to vag-com it this comming weekend to check for deviation of cylinders pressure but it seems to be extremely smooth.

The turbo is a bit more aggresive and I need to make sure boost isnt to high

By the way, it was the top of the line 216.s that have closer tolerances and put out less smoke with more efficiency

02IndioTDIGolf

TDI
2002 Golf Indio Blue
Well I got it to smoke

Playing with some TDIs on the way home and hit loleta hill
A 5th gear floor mash and at about 95ish it starts to smoke
Pulled it to 105ish watching the rear smoke uphill and decieded to back off before I got spotted by a Bear or launched off the top of the hill

By the way, there are tons of TDIs up here in Northern California
I didnt knowtice them much till I got mine and now I see like 10 or so on a regular basis
Most are jettas but there is one golf like mine but has roof rack

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Wouldn't in actuality, since you larger .216 nozzles from tdiracing.com (TDINOZZLEGUY) don't smoke, is a good example that those nozzles are not of high quality....I wouldn't be surprised if your .216 nozzles actually have smaller holes than my .205 nozzles from KERMA.

Fact is with that large of a nozzle (2 steps from stock if you've got a manual trans) then there should be some amount of smoke based on the changes you've made.

mkosem

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDi
I used to have the same nozzles that he has. I got them pop tested and they ended up having a 500psi difference between the lowest and highest. So Kerma sent me some Sprint764's to compare the tdiracing nozzles with and the difference is astounding. I do get a little more smoke, but with quite a bit more power.

--Matt

02IndioTDIGolf

TDI
2002 Golf Indio Blue
Well it seems the longer I drive with the new nozzels, the more smoke I knowtice

Went on a mountain trip today and the smoke was very knoticable at anything over half throttle

O well, its just a bit harder to concieal its true nature

As far as nozzle quality, I could not say as I have nothing to compair to but stock. Not going to spend the $ to find out, but if Kerma wants to fork over some tips, id give em a try

It would be nice to have some real dynos done on different setups to compair to

I was getting a g-tech pro but it appears as the seller is out of it so im not gunna pay him and will have to order another one later that takes electronic payment transfers.

Its not a dyno, but the pro series does all the track specks and measures g force
Would be good to get some specs on improvements

Any way to get more air to that unburned diesel??

Stuntman

TDI
1998 Golf TDI Variant automatic
I believe the power you gain with the bigger nozzles depends on your car how rich is in injected diesel. If you are lean, no smoke but decent turbo pressure...then the injecrtor swap could mean more ponies... If you are already on the poor on air side (your turbo boost is just appropriate for the injected amount) then you will end up more smoke and little or no power gain. Then you have to raise the boost a little. That is what I am planning to do.
Cheers.

Ben_Meyer

TDI
02 Jetta TDi Black w/ Blk leather
is your smoke just while punching it with the 764's?... or is it as idle as well? does the inside of your vee-dub smell now?

Thanks
(deciding between 520's and 764's)