Windshield washer squirters don't shoot very hard

wingrider02

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Dodge Ram 2500, 2k Golf
Hey all,
I am still learning stuff about this 2000 Golf, and one of the issues is that the windshield washer squirters do not spray very hard...the passenger side is worse than the drivers side. It will spray about 6-8 inches up the windshield.

I realize this car is 13 years old, so a few different things could be going on. I am assuming that in the early days, this system did a good job of cleaning the windshield. So, I suppose it could be the pump is getting weak, or the lines going to the nozzles are brittle/cracked, or just plugged, or the nozzles themselves are a bit buggered up.

I plan on trying to see that the nozzles are clean, and free of obstructions. From there, I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as the best way to get adequate flow back to the nozzles?

Thanks for any help!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Open hood, take rubber cover off the underside of the nozzle, see if hose is on all the way or cracked. East to get nozzle off, just pull it back toward the front of the hood and pull down. Pops right out. I just fixed one of mine, hose was almost off.

jdbrinkman

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta, 2010 jetta tdi
use air compressor to blow out nozzle. might have small piece of dirt or somethng in it.