Light out (Warning Light) 06 Jetta...

dieselimblut

Veteran Member
I had my light out warning light come on last week...finally traced it down to the inside RR running light. I took it out and it was mirrored over looking burned out. I replaced and new light didn't work. I tested and it isn't hot.

Is there a reset or something stupid having to do with the VAGCOM?

Thanks in Advance

Jnitrofish

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5, 2005.5, and 2006. 5m, 5m, and DSG.
nope, no reset that I know of, when my inside left rear running light burned out last year, I just replaced and restarted the car and BAM, it worked.

This seems to be the time of year for lights to burn out, every other car I see has had some light out on it for the past 2 weeks.

Gray06TDI

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI Package 2
I just replaced a headlight today. I also picked up some taillights, because every Jetta I've ever seen has a taillight out.

joetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2-2002 Jettas W/Auto
Your car uses a PWM signal to light the light. If you used a volt meter to check for power you're only going to see the average of 0 and battery voltage, it's not fast enough. You need a DSO to see whats really happening. Did you turn the key off and then back on?

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
I know what I would do if I were a dealership mechanic: replace turbocharger assembly.

Seriously, better (engineering) DMMs can detect modulated DC and correctly display PWM duty cycles and so on.

Another note: you may not be able to see corrosion, but it can still be there. Deoxit (and possibly a new bulb) should clear the fault.

dieselimblut

Veteran Member
jcrews said:
I know what I would do if I were a dealership mechanic: replace turbocharger assembly.

Seriously, better (engineering) DMMs can detect modulated DC and correctly display PWM duty cycles and so on.

Another note: you may not be able to see corrosion, but it can still be there. Deoxit (and possibly a new bulb) should clear the fault.

Well, I tore into it yesterday. Switched bulbs (L for R) on same side...both out...Took DS out and switched...all out...***? I am thinking...Took assy and hooked up wire to batt...both worked...however comma the "new" bulb I put in was bad...dug around in the gayrog and came up with another "new" one...tested and was good...put back together...nothing...turned off lites and turned back on...WOLAAAAA....lyyyyyyytes...

And there was Great Rejoicing Throughout the Land!!!

What a process...for rice cakes...hope it happens again before I forget how to change it out...