Copper Washers for Injector Pump

bradcsti

TDI
2000 GOLF TDI
I am about to put a new timing belt in my 2000 Golf TDI. I am planning on installing a used injection pump as well at the same time. All the how to's say that when you put in an injection pump to make sure that you have four new copper washers to go in with it. Being that I got this pump used, it did not come with new washers, and I cant seem to find part numbers or any info on where to buy these new copper washers that are neccessary to install the new injection pump. Does anyone know where I can find these washers to buy?

bradcsti

TDI
2000 GOLF TDI
well it looks like that kit comes with a couple of different copper washers, i cant seem to find anywhere to buy them individually, but I guess I can order that kit and hope that they are the ones I need.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I wouldn't have any heartburn over reusing the old ones.
I do it all the time if they don't look overworked.

Bradcsti...
If you bought a seal kit, there may be a few seals that you'd want to change before putting the pump in. If the seals are original to the pump then the seals may be on their way out anyway.

RacerTodd

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
The two on either side of the banjo and the one for the fuel supply union are standard 12mm copper washers. Should be available at most auto supply stores. Don't see a part number or listing for the one behind the return line union so I don't know what size it is.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
It is the same washer (12mm). The overflow valve on the top of the pump cover is considered part of the pump. It maintains pressure in the case.