Seat options

legendman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp
The pleather seats in these MK5's are very uncomfortable.
I have a 02 Golf with heated cloth seats and they 10x more comfortable.
Are there heated cloth seats available for these Mk5's ?

soot1

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none. Formerly: 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6M, 1993 Dodge Ram W250 Cummins 5M 4WD, 1990 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1986 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1980 VW Uabbit Diesel 4M. Currently driving 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD.
The pleather seats in these MK5's are very uncomfortable.......
Are there heated cloth seats available for these Mk5's ?
For me, the most objectionable quality of those seats was that if left for only a few minutes in a direct sun here in Houston, it was literally painful to sit down. I was keenly aware of this even before I bought the car, so I researched what options there were in the seat department. The answer was none, your only option for a 2010 Jetta TDI was that black leatherette (with seat heaters standard), which, for some odd reason VW considered to be an upgrade from regular cloth. I am pretty sure the same was true of the earlier MKV TDI models, starting with MY 2006. I do not know if one could order a gasser with heated cloth seats, but I am pretty sure simple cloth seats (no heater) were available in more basic models.

legendman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp
Thanks Soot,

For giggles I checked car-part.com and they actually have interchange for seats. I do see where a 09 JSW had heated cloth seats. You can barely make the heated seat controls in this pic.

Edit: also found an 08 Jetta sedan with heated cloth seats on car-part

Last edited:

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
My MKV came with heated cloth seats. Did you guys really not get that option in America?

legendman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp
My MKV came with heated cloth seats. Did you guys really not get that option in America?

Not sure I didn't buy my Mk5 new.

I found a full set of 08 heated cloth seats at a local yard for a $100, I am going to get them and see how they are.

soot1

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none. Formerly: 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6M, 1993 Dodge Ram W250 Cummins 5M 4WD, 1990 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1986 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1980 VW Uabbit Diesel 4M. Currently driving 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD.
The 2009 and 2010 CR TDI Jettas were available with the heated leatherette seats only, nothing else was offered here. I am almost certain the 2006 PD TDI Jetta was also sold with those seats only. The most basic trim of the 2009/2010 Jetta was not available with the diesel, so I don't know if those gassers could be ordered with cloth seats.

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
The 2009 and 2010 CR TDI Jettas were available with the heated leatherette seats only, nothing else was offered here. I am almost certain the 2006 PD TDI Jetta was also sold with those seats only. The most basic trim of the 2009/2010 Jetta was not available with the diesel, so I don't know if those gassers could be ordered with cloth seats.

I feel so lucky. Only the highest trim in Canada was forced to take the leather seats. Hot summers and cold winters make leather a bad choice for me.