www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old September 11th, 2019, 08:29   #8026
ottoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
Picked up four Bridgestone Blizzaks today, 195/65R15, 91H, for $291including tax (saved $40 by picking them up myself at TireRack's Roseville distribution center).

And there's an $80 mail-in rebate, so my final cost will be $211. Also comes with two years of free Road Hazard Protection.

Limited supplies, so I presume limited sizes too.
This is an awesome deal, thank you! I'm picking mine up this weekend.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:27   #8027
ottoman

I will be replacing the clutch in my MKIV Jetta in a few weeks. Just about to 250k miles and the throwout bearing is starting to rattle more than I'm comfortable with. I have all the parts and bolts needed but don't yet have a flywheel holder or triple square bits. I'm wondering if anyone near Bloomington, MN, has these and would be willing to borrow them to me for a weekend?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 19:16   #8028
JFettig

a standard box wrench works for holding the flywheel, put a transmission bolt into the block thru the box end and put the open end up against a dowel pin.

Don't bother with the local auto parts tripple squares, you'll probably round them off.
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2019, 02:25   #8029
02tdivw
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf Tdi
Fuel Economy: 4.2-6.5 L/ 100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
I will be replacing the clutch in my MKIV Jetta in a few weeks. Just about to 250k miles and the throwout bearing is starting to rattle more than I'm comfortable with. I have all the parts and bolts needed but don't yet have a flywheel holder or triple square bits. I'm wondering if anyone near Bloomington, MN, has these and would be willing to borrow them to me for a weekend?

pm sent
02tdivw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2019, 21:14   #8030
DivineChaos

soo... I unfortinately killed my jsw. Hit a deer with the headlight while doing 70. Total loss. Thankfully i got gap insurance. Also i think something was weird with the ecu. sparratic Comminucation errors with so many things. INS wants 1500 for it. be a really good parts car. Took the radiator out so it cant be driven. it only took out bolt ons. still straight structure wise. So now i will have a red mk6 jsw with a pano roof.

Last edited by DivineChaos; September 12th, 2019 at 21:16.
DivineChaos is offline   Reply With Quote