Compu's interior update: GLX Power Heated Leather!

dedededanny

TDI
'05 VW Golf - 300K
Adding memory

I added the memory seats a couple years ago and jumped off the cigarette lighter for power. Now have a donor car I'm thinking of stealing the steering wheel and mirrors from. I'm a tad confused about the harness for adding the memory function. I understand the harness connects the seat and mirrors, but where does it connect to the ECU? Also did you notice if the "dip in reverse" mirrors work after this? I remember it working on the donor GLX and curious if it's something I can add with vcds if not. Looks great btw!

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
You hook up to the CAN wires for the CCM. I spliced into them near the hood release.

Mirror dip in reverse is activated by the reverse light wire going to the memory computer. You have to change the mirrors and add the wiring for the mirror position sensors for it to work.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
You hook up to the CAN wires for the CCM. I spliced into them near the hood release.

Mirror dip in reverse is activated by the reverse light wire going to the memory computer. You have to change the mirrors and add the wiring for the mirror position sensors for it to work.

hey old friend!!!!!! what happened to the chat???

bigkahuna360

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI, 2011 BMW 335d Stage 2
Lucky for you, this very car is for sale!
Sorry, my 2002 is already in a pretty much perfect condition with black leather. Front seats have normal wear and tear, but other than that, it's very clean. :p

I've got it in the shop right now for an SBC Stage 3 endurance, Peloquin LSD, GTD1752, ARP head studs, PD150 intake, and retune.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Am I right to assume that this wasn't a very simple install? I know people disagree with me, but I find sound is better with the Moonsoon + an aftermarket headunit vs. no aftermarket headunit. That said, my Jetta Sedan is cut apart right now, in the process of becoming a Ute. I should still have Monsoon wiring in a parts Jetta (that's also mostly gutted out). Just wondering if this is something even worth fiddling with or not.

I guess my primary question - how much extra tapping into things occurs with adding a Monsoon? I suppose for a side option, I could just use external crossovers and wire in a freebie 2 channel amp someone gave me, assuming it even works.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The Monsoon install needed changes to all 4 door harnesses. If you're just doing memory seats + mirrors, only the front door harnesses need changed.