Driver side headlight

DIESELTDI3

TDI
2004 Passat GLS
Hello all,

So I went to go swap out the headlight bulb for driver side. I was careful to not touch the physical bulb when installing it. It will not turn on when I turn on the headlights? The passenger side headlight does work. Is there something I'm missing, I've googled and YouTube'd this subject with no success.

Btw the high beams do work on both sides.

Thanks in advance
TDI3

Last edited:

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Also the wire insulation becomes very brittle and breaks off. It is very possible when you reinstalled the 2 bare wires touched and blew the fuse. IIRC the light fuses are the small size in the upper right corner of the fuse box.

It is also possible to have a bad new bulb.

DIESELTDI3

TDI
2004 Passat GLS
Each headlight beam is fused independently. 4 fuses in total, left/right and high/low. The fuses are under the cover on the drivers side of the dash.
Thanks for the heads up. I did find the fuse for the driver side that was blown. My next project will to be polish or buff out the both lens on the headlights.

Thanks again everyone.

Tdi3

Dieselmonkey02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta
I just use turtle wax polishing compound on the lenses. It peels the yellow stuff off pretty quick. Then I have some finer grades of mothers if I feel ambitious.