TSB: Front Fender Corrosion at Wheel Opening

andyboy

TDI
2005 Jett wagon
I just picked up my 2005 Jetta Wagon from Open Road VW in Bridgewater, NJ after they replaced both front fenders. They were very good about it but having the TSB in hand was a big help. The TSB is 8 years old at this point so it was good to have a memory refresher.

SinisterOne

TDI
09 Jetta
Took my 09 Jetta in with paint coming off of wheel arches from the front fenders. Five days later rec'd call back saying they will have both fenders replaced. Body shop will have car 2-3 days to do the job. No fighting , no cussing.

SinisterOne

TDI
09 Jetta
Took my 09 Jetta in with paint coming off of wheel arches from the front fenders. Five days later rec'd call back saying they will have both fenders replaced. Body shop will have car 2-3 days to do the job. No fighting , no cussing.
I should correct this last quote of a post. Stealership had car for 4 days. All fender panel gaps were very poor and the right fender was missing all of the spot welds along the top. Paint color match was terrible. They might as well have put black fenders on a dark grey car. Also left inner fender liner was not attached properly. As of this time dealership has had my car for over three weeks for a redo. Very poor quality control over all. After all this time has passed the color and fenders better be right or they will be dealing with a mad hornet of a customer. Gave me a brand new sport wagon as a free loaner that I have been driving and just might be my new ride pending outcome of rework...

SinisterOne

TDI
09 Jetta
Oh yeah, back to the original post...Some fighting and lots of cussing. Told them not to give me any 50 shades of grey crap or I will have to tie them up and screw them in the *ss. What the F, can't they color match???

Last edited:

Emgtdi

TDI
Jetta 2006 TDI
Has anyone have their claim rejected because of size of rust? This issue is obviously produced by the foam absorbing the salt (inside influence) but i got denied because of "negligence" given the size of my corrosion. They didnot measure my corrosion they just took pictures, never sent them and took 4 months to tell me that i was denied gievn their new guidelines. Im beyond frustrated.

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Has anyone have their claim rejected because of size of rust? This issue is obviously produced by the foam absorbing the salt (inside influence) but i got denied because of "negligence" given the size of my corrosion. They didnot measure my corrosion they just took pictures, never sent them and took 4 months to tell me that i was denied gievn their new guidelines. Im beyond frustrated.
I would write some letters and try a different dealer.