2015 Golf TDI Muffler

armyschus

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI, Blue Silk Metalic, 6M
Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement muffler for their Mk VII Golf TDI? The exhaust system is stainless and VW then added an aluminized muffler. After less than 40K miles mine is starting to show the effects of the heat from regeneration and the adblue. I would like to find a replacement that is stainless steel and a strait pipe without a muffler is preferred. It needs to follow the same path as the OEM so there is no interference with a trailer hitch.

Martin Winterkorn

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE w/ Lighting Package
Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement muffler for their Mk VII Golf TDI? The exhaust system is stainless and VW then added an aluminized muffler. After less than 40K miles mine is starting to show the effects of the heat from regeneration and the adblue. I would like to find a replacement that is stainless steel and a strait pipe without a muffler is preferred. It needs to follow the same path as the OEM so there is no interference with a trailer hitch.
Rawtek

Scratch that! This is designed to bolt up to the Rawtek Downpipe & Midpipe. It will not bolt up to your stock exhaust! I had no idea.... almost wasted $350 of my own $$$.

Last edited:

DevilDogDoc

TDI
2011 Golf
That rawtek only fits their pipes not stock. I had my local muffler shop make a pipe to run straight back with twin tips for $120.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Disappointing they didn't go stainless all the way back like on the mk6. Especially with urea/ammonia in the exhaust stream. Guess the money for the SCR system had to come from somewhere.

crxgator

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta BRM 5 speed
Depends on the shop.

For a muffler delete, do you really need the top of the line 304 SS? Or just something that does its job with a nice tip?

You have a buzzken exhaust. Do you think they use top of the line materials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
We do have a BuzzKen exhaust on our '01 Golf and, yes, North American stainless steel tubing with excellent weld quality and fitment.

Depends on the shop.

For a muffler delete, do you really need the top of the line 304 SS? Or just something that does its job with a nice tip?

You have a buzzken exhaust. Do you think they use top of the line materials?...

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
She's real fine my 409. Giddy up, giddy up 409.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I'm a retired engineer who worked in the electric power generating industry. Type 409 was used in boilers operating at 2,000°F+. What's your point?

It’s cheap. That’s what exhaust shops use unless you pay extra for 304...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Asinine? Name calling gets you nowhere. The only reason to use 304 would be if you had money to waste, or if you wanted to polish your exhaust pipes...

crxgator

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta BRM 5 speed
I didn’t call you a name. I said the comment was. Don’t take things so personal.

Now, you called the muffler shop material inadequate; but they use 409 pipe just like your buzzken exhaust is made of. How are you not comprehending what I’m getting at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I haven't been to "Any muffler shop" in a while so things might have changed, most that I have seen just used aluminized mild steel. Yes, I'm that old...