MK5-Limp Mode..

Tony Soprano 1966

TDI
Golf MK5 TDI SE PD
Hi fellow Vdubbers,(and other denominations)
My Golf MKV PD BKC has gone into limp mode,(I think)minimal power,like driving with handbrake on,struggling to get up hills etc.There are no lights on the dash,and when I scan with vcds,I get this-

16683 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 - 000 - Control Range Not Reached
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2058 /min
Torque: 150.0 Nm
Speed: 96.0 km/h
Load: 50.6 %
Voltage: 14.29 V
Bin. Bits: 00001000
Absolute Pres.: 1774.8 mbar
Absolute Pres.: 1193.4 mba

Can anyone advise where I should start with this?I checked out the hoses today to look for signs of damage,but they all look ok,am I right in thinking this could be turbo related?

mikeb95

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 TDI pkg. 2, DSG white/beige
Recently got the same items AFTER replaceing MAF, N75 controler, and vacuum lines. The video is great! You'll need a hand vac like a mity-vac. If you have a Harbor Freight near you, they have them and use their 20% off coupon for extra savings!

mikeb95

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 TDI pkg. 2, DSG white/beige
and vacuum controls the turbo. Does your car act normal after turning it off and then back on?

Tony Soprano 1966

TDI
Golf MK5 TDI SE PD
Thanks,the video looks like what I was looking for,will have to now find a hand vac..

mikeb95 - No,I dont think turning it on and off makes any difference,it seems like its just stuck in limp mode,if thats possible?

Tony Soprano 1966

TDI
Golf MK5 TDI SE PD
Solved,its was a vacuum line near the EGR that had come loose,then melted causing a hole in pipe,and lack of vacuum to turbo actuator,thanks to Seamus for solving this one

:D