Eugene OR GTG in Feb? Anyone interested?

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
OK, I've been talking about a Eugene GTG at my house for years, so let's make it happen!

I'm thinking the 19th or 26th, Sat or Sun. This could be an epic wrenching GTG (my garage can hold 4 cars under cover) or we could just watch youtube videos and drink beer!

I have some basic tools for stuff like oil changes, Diesel Purge, battery checks...I just did a Frostheater so I could help someone with that...There's a nice big hill nearby for "testing" torque output...

There's also the house which is freshly remodeled, high speed internet, and a weight bench if you want to get in shape. :D

Any P-town folks need an excuse to drive?

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Sounds good to me. I haven't had a good excuse to go anywhere recently. I also have a CAN-Bus VAG-COM I can bring if anyone wants to play with it. It'll also give me a chance to stock up at Trader Joe's before returning to the wilderness.

Hope it works out. Thanks for the offer.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Andrew, if you drive up, I'll drive down!
Philip, check back to see if they are allowing any out-of-towners to attend! :) I have to check my travel schedule because on both those dates I might be in Italy (back-to-back trips).

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
Philip, check back to see if they are allowing any out-of-towners to attend! :) I have to check my travel schedule because on both those dates I might be in Italy (back-to-back trips).
ya, if out-of-towners can attend, I may be interested as well. If not, no worries!!

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I need to fix a vacuum leak issue before taking the drive! I think they will like these out-of-ton people such as ourselves .. :)

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I could be interested in showing up. Do some wrenching if needed. Haven't visited Oregon yet!

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
I could be interested in showing up. Do some wrenching if needed. Haven't visited Oregon yet!
if you end up going, let me know. On the way, you go right through chico (or closeby)...we could caravan / carpool / whatever..

matt

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Well, I gotta withdraw the 19th as an option, looks like I'll be far out of town. But I can add the first weekend in March, the 4th/5th. Close to St Paddy's day so I understand if some of you have more important things to do!;)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Any and all Saturdays are out for me, but I'm wide open for Sundays!

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
I'm there!

Since I've been bugging you for years about hosting a Eugene GTG, I shall be the first to say I'm in.:D
March 5th or 6th would work for me. I would encourage a Sunday meet so Justin can be there.
Mmmmm, another excuse to drive down and get some of those awesome sandwiches at the Sequential station!
I shall stay tuned for updates-
:)
Keli

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
And Eugene is only about 1 1/2 hrs. south of Portland.
A perfect caravan opportunity.......

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I consider myself an in-towner thank you very much. I'm from Springfield :D

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
And Eugene is only about 1 1/2 hrs. south of Portland.
A perfect caravan opportunity.......
And even closer for those Kalifornians...

Has the snow melted on the North Umpqua river yet?

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
I just drove I-5 from Portland to LA this past weekend. The snow is gone on the S. Umpqua. In fact, its melting off up in the Cascades, too!!

Rivers are up and muddy all over the state. Winter steelhead fishing is not an option right now.

We're having a heat wave here for January. (55 F).

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I just drove I-5 from Portland to LA this past weekend. The snow is gone on the S. Umpqua. In fact, its melting off up in the Cascades, too!!

Rivers are up and muddy all over the state. Winter steelhead fishing is not an option right now.

We're having a heat wave here for January. (55 F).
While I'm sure he wouldn't mind steelhead fishing, I think tothemax had his sights set on riding some mtb trails along the N Umpqua :) It's beautiful up there east of Roseburg.

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
OK, sounds like Sunday March 6th is the best date for everyone, so I'll go ahead and set that!

Just to make it more official, I'll start a new thread!

Ciao...