You think VW will warranty this rust spot?

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
I doubt it Kelvin, as the warranty is against Corrosion Perforation, not for actual surface rust/bubbling which is what it looks like your golf's door has...

kcb

Veteran Member
Look under the black rubber seal and see if you have rust came from there.

Last time mine was rusting behind the rubber seal, and VW replaced my entire door. The problem with your spot they can argue you left a stone chip on the outside untreated resulting in the rusting to occur.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I have a very similar rust spot though mine is actually much bigger. I had it reviewed by a VW dealer last week and am waiting to hear back on it. I will let you know how I make out. I also had them look at must rusty hatch.

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
I have had almost 0 rust problems. The fenders of course, like most others but getting the car oil sprayed every other year or so has made a huge difference. Even the captive nuts that tend to break loose when you do the LCA bushings wasn't a problem. It's likely not too late for most of us to get it done.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
FYI, rust proofing I believe will void your VW rust warranty. Reason being that most of those shops have to drill holes into the body to spray into certain areas (at least they used to). Heard of people being denied warranty from one or two different manufacturers due to aftermarket rustproofing being used. If it's just an oil underspray, then maybe nothing to worry about.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
i'd have to agree with everyone, but it can't hurt to pop in and see what they say, they really have the final word

GTIDamien_407

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Im gunna try richmond hill this week when I get my car on the road they seem to replace panels even with the smallest amount of rust my trunk is starting to rust and the bolts are almost all stripped/ jammed in there apart from the left two and same with my fenders :rolleyes:

KID A TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
VW won't touch that.
Sounds about right. I've been to 3 different dealerships about the rust and they don't do a thing. The one in Barrie is so full of stupid. They told me they have to send pictures of the rust on the quarter panels off to VW HQ and their camera isn't very good so it's almost 100% likely it wouldn't be covered. w. t. f?